Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this to their 300 or to any other car for that matter. I think in the Maybach Benz amongst others has a powered rear shade that is controlled on a switch on the dash. I would love that to be my next project. I would ideally like it to go from left to right when I hit a switch and the material would match the color of the interior of the car. I wonder if you fuys have done this or could point me in the correct direction. Think about how cool it would be when someone hits you with highbeams to just hit a switch and a shade slide across. Or maybe when you are giving that special someone a little kiss ;)

Thanks as always guys.
Sham

·
Registered
268 Posts
should be possible to do

ShamVT said:
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone has ever done this to their 300 or to any other car for that matter. I think in the Maybach Benz amongst others has a powered rear shade that is controlled on a switch on the dash. I would love that to be my next project. I would ideally like it to go from left to right when I hit a switch and the material would match the color of the interior of the car. I wonder if you fuys have done this or could point me in the correct direction. Think about how cool it would be when someone hits you with highbeams to just hit a switch and a shade slide across. Or maybe when you are giving that special someone a little kiss ;)

Thanks as always guys.
Sham
Back in the far east, The high end Toyota (Camry's, not Avalons) and Nissans indeed do have this motorized rear window curtains in addition to rear adjustable seats and 18 inch wheels...

Jaydee

·
Registered
362 Posts
this was discussed before a couple times in the interior mods section.
i personally would love to have something like this, and i dont think it would be hard to make/install at all.
please keep us updated! id love to see a 'kit' availble!
this mod sounds like its right up James alley over at 22elite...<ahem!> lol

·
Premium Member
2,382 Posts
lennoxavesosa said:
this was discussed before a couple times in the interior mods section.
i personally would love to have something like this, and i dont think it would be hard to make/install at all.
please keep us updated! id love to see a 'kit' availble!
this mod sounds like its right up James alley over at 22elite...<ahem!> lol
I believe MercBenz and BMW both make one for there larger 4 doors. If someone has access (friend, neighbor, etc) who has one in there Merc or BMW, write down the model number, that is a start. Go to salvage yards and look for wrecked/totaled ones and see if you can work a price with them. It shouldn't be too hard to install. Just make sure our rear width can accommodate the MercBenz and BMW wider girth. The roll shades may be too wide to fit. If you already have really dark tinted windows, they won't make to much of a difference except in the cool factor of it being installed in your 300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts