Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car started life as a Chrysler 300c 5.7L and now has the following.
PPP/Arrington 426
PPP Stage 2 Heads
PPP 426 Twinscrew cam
Longtubes
Catback
RDP Blower
Custom tuning by Steve at RDP and Johan at Diablosport.
9PSI
No Intercooler
No Water/Meth
No Add-on Boxes
100% CMR tuned with Diablosport

Oh yeah, they aint done yet.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holy Saint Jude! I want! I want! Haha!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Any numbers from a stock 6.1 block?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
This is more than exciting. PPP with RDP!!! It doesn't get any better than that.

BTW - how does the twin screw model cam sound? Smooth or a little choppy? Where is the intercooler?

When are you guys going to post what this set up would cost? That is such an awesome set up. Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SRT engineers said 426 is pushing the 6.1 motor too far as far as the walls were concerned. But it looks like you guys are finding that not to be true?

·
Premium Member
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is more than exciting. PPP with RDP!!! It doesn't get any better than that.

BTW - how does the twin screw model cam sound? Smooth or a little choppy? Where is the intercooler?

When are you guys going to post what this set up would cost? That is such an awesome set up. Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The SRT engineers said 426 is pushing the 6.1 motor too far as far as the walls were concerned. But it looks like you guys are finding that not to be true?

Our motor carries a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Everyone has an opinion on what they feel is accaptable. They dont like the 426, I dont like that they (SRT) put a forged crank in the motor with cast rods and cast pistons that fall apart easier than a KIA. I would be willing to bet our NA 426 would last longer than their NA 6.1 on a simulated engine dyno. The bores are .025" bigger than stock, thats .0125" worth of material removed. If they are worried about that, then they need to be worried about the stock bore also. They should be more concerned with the core shift in these blocks. Each block that comes in gets the bore centerlines validated and 9 times out of 10, the bores are not centered which causes thin spots and cooling inefficiencies. Now I know they are not building a HI-PO race motor, but they could do a little better. Its all in the tolerances, if you build a loose 426, it isnt going to last long. The one specifically in our car has 36,000 miles on it now and 70% of those are at wide open throttle and/or sideways. lol.

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Our motor carries a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. Everyone has an opinion on what they feel is accaptable. They dont like the 426, I dont like that they (SRT) put a forged crank in the motor with cast rods and cast pistons that fall apart easier than a KIA. I would be willing to bet our NA 426 would last longer than their NA 6.1 on a simulated engine dyno. The bores are .025" bigger than stock, thats .0125" worth of material removed. If they are worried about that, then they need to be worried about the stock bore also. They should be more concerned with the core shift in these blocks. Each block that comes in gets the bore centerlines validated and 9 times out of 10, the bores are not centered which causes thin spots and cooling inefficiencies. Now I know they are not building a HI-PO race motor, but they could do a little better. Its all in the tolerances, if you build a loose 426, it isnt going to last long. The one specifically in our car has 36,000 miles on it now and 70% of those are at wide open throttle and/or sideways. lol.
Thanks for clearing that up, guys. I'm a firm believer and can't wait for a PPP 426. Get rid of this skanky mass production motor.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Now Steve just has to hurry up and get mine finished. Threads like this are killing me, as is the waiting.....LOL

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
why wasnt it done with an intercooler? and how much more HP would it add to these totals?

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
why wasnt it done with an intercooler? and how much more HP would it add to these totals?
The core for the manifold only arrived on Tuesday this week. I believe that will be sorted soon. Winding it up to 15psi once installed. Should go close to 800rwhp no probs.

The blower itself; a Harrop HTV2300 has extremely low discharge temps hence why this was used above all other tested blowers. There isn't a lot of realestate under our bonnets so this blower was of course the perfect choice. At 15-20psi this motor will be a killer.

The only problem with it all though is that it very easily lights up the back tyres in 3rd and 4th gear.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The core for the manifold only arrived on Tuesday this week. I believe that will be sorted soon. Winding it up to 15psi once installed. Should go close to 800rwhp no probs.

The blower itself; a Harrop HTV2300 has extremely low discharge temps hence why this was used above all other tested blowers. There isn't a lot of realestate under our bonnets so this blower was of course the perfect choice. At 15-20psi this motor will be a killer.

The only problem with it all though is that it very easily lights up the back tyres in 3rd and 4th gear.
good stuff would like to see the result with the IC thatll be bad ass

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I also should have mentioned that it takes a strong motor to handle this type of power and PPP have definitely done that. Well done to them as well.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Things should be wrapped up next week. Once all of the numbers are in, I will post them and show you what we ended up with. I have video, that shows how quickly revs build. She is a amazing to watch on the dyno..... Need to find a track open.

PS, it was 96 degrees and over 85% humidity on this run.

·
Registered
105 Posts
And that's why you guys freakin rule!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Paul that is awesome mate. You must be over the moon. Well done mate. Now just wait till you wind it up and get the cooler in there.

Daniel.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Daniel, watching the Dyno tuning was great, listening to johan talk about the test ride is event better!:) It should be ready for pickup next week, that is when the real fun will begin for me. It is hard to imagine blowing the tires off at 80 mph!

I am really looking forward to my next night at the track!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts