Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Checked into having a Predater tune done to my SRT. Being somewhat awed by the level of knowledge that seems to be the norm on this board I figured I better have someone that knows what they are doing make these changes lest things get ugly. I figured a dyno shop that sells the Predator would be the way to go. I live in So Cal. The closest Dyno shop is 160 miles away and they want 745.00 to do it. I am seeing numbers like 300 to 350 for the unit on here so I'm thinking 400 for the Dyno is way out of line, yes? I'm now thinking I should buy the unit on line and go to the nearest dyno shop around. Does this sound like the plan? I assume that whenever you get it smoged (California) that I would have to dump the new tune and reenter the stock tune.
Does the GSM MOD work with the Predater or does it do more or less the same things. Is it either or---or both.
I have a 440 sitting in an old motor home down in Baja that is being wasted any ideas. I move it about 200 ft three or four times a year. I saw the thread on 392 envy now feeling a little guilty.
I want to thank whoever it was that gave me the link to the front end TSB. It solved my problem and the dealer gave me new tires at no cost. I'll find you here somewhere. Swellmel

·
Registered
903 Posts
Here's a good shop in So Cal. I already had my own predator and he dialed it in for $125 on the dyno. I picked up 40 rwhp and my gas milage improved about 2-3 mpg (I had lost 2-3 running a CAI and the tuning got me a bit above stock mpg). The only mod I had was a K&N cai and a 180 tstat at the time. The diablo does everything the gsm mod does and you don't have any wires to deal with. You can simply reload the stock tune if AND WHEN you take it to the dealer or smog and then reload the custom tune. Very quick and easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts