Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am reading a lot about the Diablo Predator and have heard many good things about the JET Performance chip as well. What way do I go??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Does the Predator come with a standard program for small modifications? I don't want to get into programming and adjusting every little thing.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I don't own a Predator but will soon, if you do a search on the Diablo Predator you will see all the pros of it. You can run a fairly simple tune or a more aggressive tune if you do some modding on your vehicle. There is also a tuner called the superchips flashpaq and that is a more basic tuner that won't blow up your engine possibly like the predator.
The Predator is a beast though and if you plan on adding more things then it is the tuner that you must go with. The Jet is garbage though and you shouldn't even think about it. I just bought a superchips flashpaq from somebody and traded a 6 disc radio for it but he only wanted 125 bucks for it. I haven't started on the engine mods yet so the s/c flashpaq is good enough for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback. I want to start making more power but don't want to hurt the motor. This is still a everyday vechicle with 15K miles.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have the Jet Stage 2 chip, I just ordered the Predator. If you would like to buy my Stage 2 chip, I'll sell it you for cheap.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't own a Predator but will soon, if you do a search on the Diablo Predator you will see all the pros of it. You can run a fairly simple tune or a more aggressive tune if you do some modding on your vehicle. There is also a tuner called the superchips flashpaq and that is a more basic tuner that won't blow up your engine possibly like the predator.
The Predator is a beast though and if you plan on adding more things then it is the tuner that you must go with. The Jet is garbage though and you shouldn't even think about it. I just bought a superchips flashpaq from somebody and traded a 6 disc radio for it but he only wanted 125 bucks for it. I haven't started on the engine mods yet so the s/c flashpaq is good enough for now.
The Flashpaq isn't built for the SRT-8. It is for the 5.7 hemi only. Superchips forgot all about the SRT guys, but Diablo came to our rescue with the Predator. And I can't imagine a better tuner, especially since it's so cheap for all of the performance you can harness out of it.

The Jet chip has shown a net loss of power over the stock tune in your car. I'm not sure how they get away with selling an item that actually loses power.

·
Registered
605 Posts
DaveW68, I didn't even realize that he had an SRT and I can't believe that I gave him false information. I feel like a loser now.:smashfrea

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
DaveW68, I didn't even realize that he had an SRT and I can't believe that I gave him false information. I feel like a loser now.:smashfrea
No big deal. It's nice to see you hanging out in the SRT forums. Does this mean that you plan on joining the dark side any time soon?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Predator is the way to go. I recommend you purchase it from RDP Motorsport from Down Under. Service par excellence.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Unless he's from Austrailia, why would he buy from there? Doesn't make sense to pay a huge shipping amount and probably pay more for the tuner thanks to duties and crap. TByrnes prices are among the best and Toms a genuine nice guy.

·
Registered
605 Posts
No big deal. It's nice to see you hanging out in the SRT forums. Does this mean that you plan on joining the dark side any time soon?
I wish, I tried to get an SRT when I bought my C and the payments would've been too much. I figured that I'd wait 2 years or so paying the car off then try to get an SRT possibly. The thing that kinda pissed me off was that when I bought my car I got 0% interest because it was the end of the year close outs on all remaining 06's. Then about 4 months later they had another deal like that involving 0% interest and my local dealer had a SRT that had been sitting there awhile and they had dropped the sticker to close to what I paid for my car. I was heartbroken to say the least. In all honesty though it might be good that I don't have an SRT, I live in Wisconsin and don't have a second car so I wouldn't wanna be driving around the streets in winter in a car that could easily be a collectible years down the road. I'll get one though someday.

·
Premium Member
8,955 Posts
the Jet Chip rules!!! :rolleyes:
Shuuuut uuuup!

What do you know? You're a Jeep Jerk. :D

j/k

It was nice meeting you at SF the other day YM.

If you don't remember me I was the one in the Predator hat with the blue and black Mopar fleece askin' about your $70 hids. ;) :D :fing02:

Shoot me a PM about that BTW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts