Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing alot for quite some time on how this is a really good mod.. what does it do, how much is it, where can you get it, and where do you get the tune for it.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
I have almost stopped responding to threads like this because I dont have the time to give an adequate response - literally start replying to a thread and then just hit the backspace because it's not worth getting into. Search is your friend on things like this. I bought my Predator through PPP, you'll find more for sale from them or a ton of other vendors that are on the forums. The main reason I chose PPP is because I knew they were in my hometown and operate out of a tuning shop with a dyno so I could get my car tuned right when I took posession of the Predator. I'd recommend doing the same if it's an option. Know any other local owners, where do they get modded? I think I paid about $550 which was a really good deal, Jeremy hooked me up. I think we covered it except for the what does it do? Lots out there to read on that one.

Eric

·
Registered
683 Posts
It is probably the best bang for your buck hp wise you can do for your SRT. It really unleashes your car if you can believe that. You can get them from some of the supporting vendors here, I like Power Ported is having a group buy for them now if you do a search for it. It comes with some preprogrammed tunes for 91 and 93 octane with and without a CAI. You can also adjust things like rev limits, shift points, tire size, ESP on/off, cooling fan temp, autostick upshift. When you start wanting to do more add on like heads, cam, high flow cats, nos, supercharger, etc you'll probably want to take it in for a CMR tune on the dyno. They will need a diablo to do this. You can also pull off error codes and clear them as well which is nice. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got mine done about a week ago my results were 390Hp 400Tq at the wheels with just k&n intake, magnaflow catback, 180 T-Stat.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't recommend the canned install. I actually LOST power with the canned install. I think you should have someone who has a chassis dyno install it, make changes and see what power you get. If you get the Predator installed and tuned for your car, you will be very impressed. If you just get the canned tune or can only get the canned tune I would advise against it.
People will say how much faster their car was, etc. But without a baseline dyno reading you cannot tell if you have more (or less) power by the seat of your pants.

I have been hearing alot for quite some time on how this is a really good mod.. what does it do, how much is it, where can you get it, and where do you get the tune for it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I don't recommend the canned install. I actually LOST power with the canned install. I think you should have someone who has a chassis dyno install it, make changes and see what power you get. If you get the Predator installed and tuned for your car, you will be very impressed. If you just get the canned tune or can only get the canned tune I would advise against it.
People will say how much faster their car was, etc. But without a baseline dyno reading you cannot tell if you have more (or less) power by the seat of your pants.
I too lost about 4 hp with the canned tune over stock factory tune. BUT with the dyno tuner dialing my car in I picked up 40 RWHP (I love bragging about it).:biggrin:
I still haven't seen anyone else pick up this much HP with just a tune on a CAI only...but 20-30 rwhp is easily achieved with a decent dyno tune.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Have a look for dynosteve from down under. He is over in the states at the moment. He will look after you:fing02:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Anybody have a recommendation on where I can get a Predator Dyno-tuned in the Seattle area?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Canned tune I picked up .5 seconds due to the shifting and 3 mph. Now who is losing power??

·
Registered
72 Posts
To find a shop that can custom tune go to the diablosport website and there is a search function. I believe the only shop in the Seattle area is in Kirkland - I know because I'm moving there next week so I looked it up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts