Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it today! I have read the instructions front to back and I wanted to know if anyone had any tips or knew anything I shoud do before I plug it in to the car. I got the USB connection too so I can hook it to my laptop. I will be posting pic's and video when I install this saturday.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
congrats on your predator.

1. power up the car, but NEVER START THE ENGINE (when loading the tune).
2. download the necessary programs and files from the diablosport website and install on your computer.
3. save the "r" files to your computer and keep them. when DS comes out with a new "r" (they are on r19 now), you might not like the changes. if you have the previous "r" file, you can always revert.
4. if you raise the shift points, be sure you raise the rev limiter also.
5. order more tires now.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I installed 93 cai + cai tune last week.

Before I make any other performance mods on the vehicle I'm going to order new stickier/fatter tires. The torque produced in 2nd makes the car go sideways atm.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Twice now i have downloaded the update from the website to my predator and each time i plug it back into my car and try to enter the performance tune menu it loads the new update and then says "invalid file, it is now safe to remove your predator"? I can't call tech support cause it's sunday any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Call Diablo Sport for answers to all of your questions.

I couldn't make much sense of what was and wasn't happening when I did mine, so I called them from the front seat of the car FOUR TIMES until the tune and modified parameters were installed and working.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Call Diablo Sport for answers to all of your questions.

I couldn't make much sense of what was and wasn't happening when I did mine, so I called them from the front seat of the car FOUR TIMES until the tune and modified parameters were installed and working.

calling first thing tomorrow, I hope there not closed for presidents day.

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
calling first thing tomorrow, I hope there not closed for presidents day.
I still haven't gotten the Autostick upshift turned off successfully. But after a couple of WOT runs with the tach whipping around to some 6200+ RPMs, I think letting it upshift automatically is safer than hitting the rev limiter when I don't flick the shifter quick enough!

You're gonna love it!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, ok, I it works, I love it and I have more questions...

I installed the 93 oct and CAI tune, but I also want to change things like my shift points, speed limiter, etc... When I go to the quick tune menu it tells me to go to the perfromance tune menu to install both a quick tune and a prefromance tune. I am guessing that I need to select the modify a performance tune option to do both.

Or can I just go to the quick tune part and make changes even though I already installed the 93 oct / CAI tune?

Also while making a WOT pull to test out the new tune I spun the tires like crazy when shifting from first to second, this thing is fuuuuuukin awesome

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Hey there BigKent, having a nice day (until now!) in Conshy? I worked there (Colwell Lane) 13 years until I retired last October.

You'll have to put the performance 93 octane w/CAI tune back in. Then go to the quick tune menu and change rev limit and shift points, etc. Do not assume that the highlight function is already installed. They are not. You must scroll and specifically choose, or the already-installed function remains after you exit.

Spinning the tires is the result of the improved performance and a reduction of the ESP within the tune. And maybe some water and anti-skid garbage lying around! Be careful, ESP isn't watching over you like it used to!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey there BigKent, having a nice day (until now!) in Conshy? I worked there (Colwell Lane) 13 years until I retired last October.

You'll have to put the performance 93 octane w/CAI tune back in. Then go to the quick tune menu and change rev limit and shift points, etc. Do not assume that the highlight function is already installed. They are not. You must scroll and specifically choose, or the already-installed function remains after you exit.

Spinning the tires is the result of the improved performance and a reduction of the ESP within the tune. And maybe some water and anti-skid garbage lying around! Be careful, ESP isn't watching over you like it used to!
Thanks for the info, I have my shift points and firmness raised, rev limiters raised, now it's time to figure out how to keep it from down shifting so much.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Diablo's new version for the predator (r.20) has a setting to change the differential gear radio from 2.82 (stock for 5.7) to 3.06, but i can't seem to find anywhere that carries performance gears. does anyone know somewhere i can find it. thankx

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Be careful, ESP isn't watching over you like it used to!
I beg to differ.Tonight with freeeeezing fog in the UK,I hit a roundabout(I know you dont have them in the States)Its a multi intersection with an island in the middle.I was cruising at 40 mph around the large "island" took a left onto a dual carriageway and put my foot down about 5% more just to get to 60mph(got the wife and kids with me,so I was taking it easy) and woah,she slewed left to right but the ESP was honestly helping me,even my wife said that I was controlling it perfectly.NO,it wasnt me cos it caught me out and the ESP let me go so far then it cut right back in without any loss of power,it must have looked good but I sh1t my pants(cos of kids n wife).Diablo have got the ESP just right

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
I beg to differ.Tonight with freeeeezing fog in the UK,I hit a roundabout(I know you dont have them in the States)Its a multi intersection with an island in the middle.I was cruising at 40 mph around the large "island" took a left onto a dual carriageway and put my foot down about 5% more just to get to 60mph(got the wife and kids with me,so I was taking it easy) and woah,she slewed left to right but the ESP was honestly helping me,even my wife said that I was controlling it perfectly.NO,it wasnt me cos it caught me out and the ESP let me go so far then it cut right back in without any loss of power,it must have looked good but I sh1t my pants(cos of kids n wife).Diablo have got the ESP just right
Those roundabouts are a gas, epecially when they are wet and slippery.

Years ago I was driving a Mini in London at night on an unfamiliar road and entered a roundabout too fast. I did a complete 360 spin out and still had momentum to keep driving without stopping. Worse are the roundabouts with bricks. Those can get really radical and jarring.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Everything is going well, the only question I have is are other people feeling a kinda surge when lightly touching the throttle while driving on a highway at moderate speeds, 60mph ish? My guess is that the firmer shifts settings is making that shift between 4th and 5th a little rougher but I’m not quite sure that is what it is. Any way, here is a quick video of the beast hitting 6200 RPM's, I had to let off at the last second cause of traffic. Once I set up the camera a little better I'll get a better video up.

YouTube - 300C 6200 RPM

1 - 20 of 28 Posts