Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was messing around with the tuner today and i seen that it had a trouble code "p1521" variable resonance induction system solenoid #1 circuit What does this mean....?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Uh oh...the dreaded P1521 code. You better get ready to shell out some major cash!

No honestly I am really not sure what that code is although it does not sound good. I'm sure someone will chime in shortly..good luck

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm i got an oil change not to long ago probably 500 miles ago and it just showed up so i dont know if i have a wire loose or what but its bothering me thingking there is a problem and i keep riding

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the oil change window sticker says 10w-30 bulk (and the main problem Wal-mart Did it) mydad uses that in his car is that the wrong kind?:twak:

·
Registered
774 Posts
the oil change window sticker says 10w-30 bulk (and the main problem Wal-mart Did it) mydad uses that in his car is that the wrong kind?:twak:
You need 5W20 or 0W20 weight oil in order for the MDS to work properly.

The solenoid isn't working properly because the oil is too heavy.

This also means your MDS isn't working properly either.

You should take it back to Wal-mart and ask that they dump it for you and put in the correct weight of oil (5W20). It's their responsability.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes you need 5w20. I also suggest only factory mopar filters. Oil changes at dealerships are about the same a walmart or jiffy lube. Honestly i would not let walmarts techs service my lawn mower.

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
12,606 Posts
Yep. Oil weight is critical on the 5.7 HEMI. The oil passages are many and small. As said before the MDS needs the right oil to work.

Dump that oil out and put in the right weight a.s.a.p.

Many of us here run Synthetic such as Mobile 1 or Castrol Syntec. The HEMI is an engine that can easily run up over 200,000 miles without major repairs - providing you feed it the right oil.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
How could the person who did the oil change not see that the top of the oil cap clearly states the correct oil weight?? :pat:

Make them pay for the correct oil, new filter, and the labor charges.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wal-Mart?? WAL-MART??????????????
yea thought it would be easy and convenient to do i was picking up a few things there there was no wait so i pulled up and got em to do it real quick ..now i find it was a waste of time more than a convince ..god i hate walmart

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea so since i was broke last month i never got that oilk changed and now there is a new problem..who woulda thaught.. kinda forgot about it and now i turned the key last night came on ..shut off.3 times then i ran fin
is this the same problem predator says the old code^ and now i think it says wrong imobilizer key? i think thats what it said is this bad as well....
i know its bad as well but it was real wet out and i had to hit up a donut on the parking lot and it shut off on my then too is that the same problem i think im fuct!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts