Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Predator and I have the SRT stock CAI (plan on keeping for now until possibly this summer), but I installed a BT Catch can and a 180 T-stat. I plan on adjusting the fan settings and the tire size as well as installing the 93 Performance tune, but my question is:
Should I change the shift firmness and shift points or keep those stock for now? I want to make sure I do the right things with what I have today. Thank you!!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
It's been a while but I have a pretty stock motor with a CAI. I went with the 91 CAI tune and I firmed up shifts and raised the shift points. Works well but if you do it make suure to raise redline as well. I didn't at first and it would go into "limp" mode before it shifted, not good. Raised rev limiter and it's all good.
The firm shifts are one of the main reasons to buy the Predator. I raced a JGC SRT8 and he got me off the line due to his AWD. However on the 1-2 shift my car lurched in front of him significantly. I have put 50K miles on my car with it the way it is with no added wear issues which was a concern of mine when I did it.

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
I didn't think you SRT guys had the shift firmness option. ??? Thought SRTs already came with the "increased" option for shift firmness, so it doesn't show up as a parameter on DS tuners for SRTs. It certainly makes a huge improvement on 5.7s, but thought the SRTs came stock with that improvement.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I didn't think you SRT guys had the shift firmness option. ??? Thought SRTs already came with the "increased" option for shift firmness, so it doesn't show up as a parameter on DS tuners for SRTs. It certainly makes a huge improvement on 5.7s, but thought the SRTs came stock with that improvement.
Fisch, I'm not completely sure about this, but I think the Gen 1 have the shift firmness option, but the Gen 2's don't. I have Gen 2 and the Trinity and don't have the shift firmness option. But it's also not needed on the G2's. My '13 SRT shifts WAY harder than my '06 SRT. Especially in stick mode.

Reactions: Fisch

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
Interesting. Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. I just remember trying to help an SRT guy find the shift firmness, only to find out it wasn't an option... while it is on my 5.7 of course. So maybe it is a Gen1 vs Gen2 SRT difference. Thanks for the info.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
3,999 Posts
okay so i got an error code u0101 i removed the tune back to stock and started allover and codes are gone. i am also curious as when i went to shift firmness in diablo the option was INCREASED or stock. and also the shift points were 6200 and 6400 or stock can i go to 6200 and increase firmness with the mods that i have with kn cai and flowmaster catback and 20s
U0101 is "lost communication with TCM"... not a big deal. Might have lost connection while tuning. Be sure you aren't doing anything like opening the doors or anything while the tune is loading.

Shift firmness - that is your two options... you probably want the "increased" firmness on shifts.

Shift points - IMO, I doubt you're going to get any benefit from moving up the shift points. The car's stock shift points are pretty good inside the power band - you'll lose power going too high. And without some other mods to get a gain out of those higher RPM's I don't think you'll find it to be useful. Just my opinion.

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA
1 - 8 of 8 Posts