Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,

if i have a predator and i have programmed my car with a cmr tune from my predator... can i plug my predator into a mates car and edit his tune, only changing things like shift points and disabling the manual stick auto upshift, etc? or to use a predator on any other car, does the original car have to be programmed back to factory with no mods, not even the shift and upshift settings? reason i ask, is i DON'T want to change the tune of my car, i JUST want to make it hold gears longer and NOT upshift to second when i have manually selected 1st. iwant it to hit the rev limiter and stay in first as at the moment it will just change to second by itself and that is dangerous!

anyway, thanks in advance for any/all help.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Short answer is NOPE! The Predator is "locked" into the VIN of YOUR car. Can't be used for another car, unless you put your car back to stock.

I have two LXs and would love to change only the fan off/on settings for my 300C, while using the Predator for much more on my MSRT8... but that's not possible. So when I get the Predator (any day now) it will be used only for the Magnum.

I'm going to talk with my Chrysler and Dodge service guys to find out if they would make the fan setting changes on the 300C with their StarScan module (doubtful, but worth asking).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts