Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got myself a predator and now I have a couple of question

What will be the best setup for me and adjustment

My car is a 2007 300C with AFE2 CAI and with a MotoRad 4128 185 Degree Thermostat

So what will be your recommendation for setup the 91 CAI canned tune or the 93 CAI canned I run most of the time 91 octane

Should and modified the canned tune IE: Raise shift pont, thermostat temp, disable MDS etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
just got myself a predator and now I have a couple of question

What will be the best setup for me and adjustment

My car is a 2007 300C with AFE2 CAI and with a MotoRad 4128 185 Degree Thermostat

So what will be your recommendation for setup the 91 CAI canned tune or the 93 CAI canned I run most of the time 91 octane

Should and modified the canned tune IE: Raise shift pont, thermostat temp, disable MDS etc.

Any info will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Steve
Go with the 93/CAI tune, but only if you fill up with 93 EVERY time. Its about 4 more dollars per fill up, so I imagine you can swing that ;) Running 91 in a car with a diablo 93/CAI tune will cause detonation. So use an octane tune that you have access to 100% of the time.

I personally recommend increasing the speed limiter to its max, increasing shift firmness, and lowering your fan settings. Leave MDS and shift points alone. In my experience, with a stock or lightly modified 5.7, the powerband is just right with the stock shift points. Raising it seems to make the engine feel thrashy and uncomfortable.

Enjoy your ride! I highly recommend a good catback exhaust as your next mod. Whether its store bought or custom, you cant go wrong!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts