Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday night 11pm i go to a nice long strip in Michigan (there over weekend no traffic at all an is a industrial area by FORD plant) to do some WOT pulls:scared: an noticed that from a dig shifting to 2nd my rpms would bounce off rev limiter then switch gears and even if i'm rolling in 3rd an nail it it will kick down to 2nd an bounce off rev limiter in second then go back to 3rd ....... has this happened to anyone ? I've raise shifts point an raised RPM IN "D" on the predator an it happens still .

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yep its happened to me... ive also raised my rev limiter...go figure??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
well it happened in "D"....i hit it all the way to the floor and it bounced on the rev 2 or 3 times before it switched...hasent happened lately... but when i stomp on it i let off the pedal pressure just a tad when i get up in the rpms so it switches before bouncing...so no i dont think its fixed...i just changed they way i stomp on it..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Cool thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read about trans update an wondered would this have anything to do with the issue ?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I've read about trans update an wondered would this have anything to do with the issue ?
Getting the trans TSB done would cure 95% of the hesitation. I still get it from time to time, even though I've had the TSB completed...that being without the tune installed. I still get the hesitation from time to time with the tune too, but it doesn't cause the car to ever go into limp mode. It usually happens when going around 15-20 mph then I drop the hammer. This range seems to confuse the computer and can cause the car to over-rev, thus hitting the limiter. I think our cars are running Windows 386 software with a pre-Pentium chip. :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
I think our cars are running Windows 386 software with a pre-Pentium chip. :biggrin:
I remember those pre-Pentium processor days of the 386. I even have fond memories of the 286 processor with the green screen 14" monitor! Come to think of it, did we even have Windows 3.1 yet or was that just plain DOS? While working on a CADD drawing I would put off regenerating the image for as long as possible, and then when absolutely necessary I would hit regen and take a 15 minute coffee break! Heck, that was just 1990 or so, wasn't it? The good old days! Now the computer is always waiting on me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:pat: I was so use to using my XCAL2 on my Marauder an wasn't paying attn in detail to the increments on the Predator ..... XCAL increments are 100 rpms whereas Predator is less so actually i raised it before only 100 more rpms instead of the 2-300 i should have but all is well now an no more bouncing . IT PAYS TO PAY ATTN.:twak:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I remember those pre-Pentium processor days of the 386. I even have fond memories of the 286 processor with the green screen 14" monitor! Come to think of it, did we even have Windows 3.1 yet or was that just plain DOS? While working on a CADD drawing I would put off regenerating the image for as long as possible, and then when absolutely necessary I would hit regen and take a 15 minute coffee break! Heck, that was just 1990 or so, wasn't it? The good old days! Now the computer is always waiting on me.
ah yes, the good ol days.

i remember when my parents bought a tandy 1000 brand new.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
This will date me even more...

ah yes, the good ol days.

i remember when my parents bought a tandy 1000 brand new.
I can remember when my mom brought home a Commodore 64! That's right a whopping 64k! of memory with no hard drive and a 5.25" floppy that you ran the programs from. Pong was a real hit back then.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i know this thread is old but im about to get the predator and doing as much research as possible and at first it scared me but i see u corrected the prob so thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts