Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you press the brake pedal to enable the push button ignition start, does your brake pedal push down oor does it stay in that same position ? does it kind of push downward right after you start the engine via push button start ?

on my other car with push button start, the brake pedal stays in same position.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The brake pedal should move. It will "soften" when the engine starts, as the booster kicks in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is my first push button start car (less than 2 months). Early on I would find the brake pedal seemed really hard to push sometimes and the starter would not engage when pushing the button. I was thinking perhaps an electrical power issue but after checking around found a topic (I believe related to the Dodge Journey) where the owner was complaining about a similar issue. Someone had replied to that thread and basically suggested you simply have to push harder on the brake pedal :). Haven't had a problem since :dunce:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Sounds normal to me...:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
It's a vacuum booster and when the engine isn't running there is no vacuum to modulate the booster can. Pedal will be hard until the car starts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quick question. I noticed that on a cold start in the morning, the brake will be hard and will press down once the engine push button is started.

but later in the day when I restart again, the brakes are not hard on start. It just feels normal before and after the push button engine start is engaged. Not sure what this means.

·
Registered
292 Posts
quick question. I noticed that on a cold start in the morning, the brake will be hard and will press down once the engine push button is started.

but later in the day when I restart again, the brakes are not hard on start. It just feels normal before and after the push button engine start is engaged. Not sure what this means.
That just means the brake booster still has a vacuum reserve to power assist the brakes.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I didn't say it wasn't normal....I was trying to light heartedly say I didn't realize it WAS normal...that's all.
Wooooaaahhh, horsey! If that came across as being a smart-alecky remark, then let me apologize up front! I think the smilie threw you off a bit because that smilie duzn't display w/ the "rolling eyes" or smirk when you go to select it...it gets posted differently. So, for the record, I was just saying that hard feel to the brake pedal sounds normal while the car isn't started yet. That's all...and that's exactly how I meant it. No harm, no foul...cool?

Reactions: kroache

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
That just means the brake booster still has a vacuum reserve to power assist the brakes.
Nothing to do w/ warmer temps outside during the day?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wooooaaahhh, horsey! If that came across as being a smart-alecky remark, then let me apologize up front! I think the smilie threw you off a bit because that smilie duzn't display w/ the "rolling eyes" or smirk when you go to select it...it gets posted differently. So, for the record, I was just saying that hard feel to the brake pedal sounds normal while the car isn't started yet. That's all...and that's exactly how I meant it. No harm, no foul...cool?
No worries....I must admit the "sarcastic" smilie thingy did surprise me a bit so I confess I was a bit put off by it (sorry I misunderstood your intention there :)). One thing I really like about this forum is there isn't really any of that sort of nonsense on here (unlike a few other forums I've basically given up on).

Thanks very much for taking the time to clarify though...very much appreciated and now realize that "I" should have known better :)

Cheers

Kevin

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
:beerchug: (Definitely no clarification needed w/ THIS one, eh? lol :fing02:)

Reactions: kroache
1 - 14 of 14 Posts