Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are you paying for an oil change??
I just called a dealer who actually told me $59????

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think mine was $21 dollars plus tax. That was at my dodge dealership where I bought the car. I am not using synthetic at this time. Maybe after I get some more miles on it...unsure. I think that was the price if I scheduled it online. I think you save like $3 or something.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
tekhen said:
What are you paying for an oil change??
I just called a dealer who actually told me $59????
Find another dealer unless it's a quote for synthetic and even then it's high. My dealer charges 19.95 but I called and for the C it's 34.00 and he did'nt know why. Parts were 24.00 non synthetic, this is why I buy my own oil and filter and bring it in.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My dealer charges $25.99 for an oil change. Since the C takes 7 quarts I believe they charge $32. However, if you want synthetic it jumps to like $60! I wait until I get the coupon from my dealer in the mail and it ends up costing me something like $40 with syn. I have no problem paying extra for the syn but this is a little high.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You Hemi guys outta be sure to read the threads about oil viscosities on these engines. If you're using synthetic oil, it HAS to be 5W-20 viscosity. Prices are much higher because most Chrysler dealers do not have this oil in bulk so they have to purchase it in quart cases.

Using a different viscosity oil in your Hemis may very well cause sludge to build up within the springs which shut down the 4 cyliders during the MDS operation. That in turn would obviously void ANY warranty.

·
Registered
103 Posts
joecool72 said:
You Hemi guys outta be sure to read the threads about oil viscosities on these engines. If you're using synthetic oil, it HAS to be 5W-20 viscosity. Prices are much higher because most Chrysler dealers do not have this oil in bulk so they have to purchase it in quart cases.

Using a different viscosity oil in your Hemis may very well cause sludge to build up within the springs which shut down the 4 cyliders during the MDS operation. That in turn would obviously void ANY warranty.
Whole thread on it here:
http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2975

·
Registered
101 Posts
oil change

just had mine changed $34.00 in my 300 c , $11.95 was for labor,must be for the shield under the oil pan. we have two dealers both charge the same price. if you buy 4 oil changes the 5th one is free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts