Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
jeepgrady said:
Chrysler announced today that the price for the SRT will be $39,995 including dest. charges.
Yes, and this has already been posted in the SRT forum.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
True - but just think how upset itz gonna make Cadillac STS-V salesmen!

·
Registered
415 Posts
ok so fully loaded it will add about $10k to that price just like the 300C did... hmmmm too much of a difference I think, but not bad... :) I hope it does well... then it will suck... cause just like the guppies in the mustangs look out for the C after the 300 before they try to race us, we will have to get close and look out for the SRT-8 emblem :) hehe...

·
Registered
415 Posts
I agree, but I bet there will be some show off that will say, you think you're the S... cause you have the C, well Im better cause I have the SRT8... you'll see :(

·
Registered
887 Posts
Tha187um...
What exactly is a guppie?

(see sig)

·
Registered
186 Posts
jjs said:
Why race 'in the family'?
I race in and out of the family but never date someone in the family. :eek:

Who cares if it's a 300C or SRT, this car is only going to be my daily driver.

5point7: I guess a lot of people have asked you what "blown" stands for so you decided to put sc'd.

If it is going to cost about $50k fully loaded I would rather spend my money on a C6. Different strokes for different folks.

MikeS

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
speediddy said:
question, does anyone know how much value this car looses
( 2005 300c)
Answer: ALOT (but then again all new cars do and these days with incentives all over the place from just about everyone making cars, the used car market is saturated and thus you will get less on a trade of any kind)

The C might hold value pretty well right now since they are still kind of hard to come by, but in the near future when backorders are filled, production is current and lots have more of them stocked, the value will drop.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
jjs said:
Answer: ALOT (but then again all new cars do and these days with incentives all over the place from just about everyone making cars, the used car market is saturated and thus you will get less on a trade of any kind)

The C might hold value pretty well right now since they are still kind of hard to come by, but in the near future when backorders are filled, production is current and lots have more of them stocked, the value will drop.
A member recently posted about a C sold at auction @ $38k w/ 8k miles

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been lurking, thought y'all might like to know the following. I'm an inventory manager in California at a 5-star CJD store, not looking for business, just providing info.

Ordering was opened on the SRT-8 as well, so dealerships can place orders as of 1/4/05.
There are only two colors available, black and silver.
There are four options:

Sunroof $950

Boston Acoustics with sub $235

SRT Option Group I $440
Air filtering and side airbags

SRT Option Group II $1965
Satellite, Navigation and UConnect

Total MSRP $43,585 with all options.

As far as resale of 300Cs goes, we're seeing them go through the auction with miles on them at or above invoice as new. That is some serious resale value!

RT
[email protected]

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Great info rt4 and welcome to the forum! Is you dealership in No. or So. CA and are they one of the very rare honest ones or another "jack-up the ripper" type?

Scary to know that, if I get serious about this, I'll pay as much for the SRT-8 (w/o moonroof) as I did for my C. BUT factor in some of the other tangibles, such as mpg loss, better wheels/tires, lower stance, etc... and intangibles like *WOW* factor and fun and it's pretty much a break even deal or better!

*poof* *gone*
....Honey.... oh, H-O-N-E-Y....

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
rt4 said:
I've been lurking, thought y'all might like to know the following. I'm an inventory manager in California at a 5-star CJD store, not looking for business, just providing info.

Ordering was opened on the SRT-8 as well, so dealerships can place orders as of 1/4/05.
There are only two colors available, black and silver.
There are four options:

Sunroof $950

Boston Acoustics with sub $235

SRT Option Group I $440
Air filtering and side airbags

SRT Option Group II $1965
Satellite, Navigation and UConnect

Total MSRP $43,585 with all options.

As far as resale of 300Cs goes, we're seeing them go through the auction with miles on them at or above invoice as new. That is some serious resale value!

RT
[email protected]
Thanks for the detailed info, but I think I speak for many when I ask, " What is the expected gas guzzler tax going to be? If you have any info in this, please share it with us. Thanks.

p.s. I assume HID headlights are standard?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Folks, just called a dealer in No. California. Kind of disappointing, but I figured it was going to be this way at most (not all) dealerships.

Sent an email inquiring about the SRT8 and waiting list/or pre order. The response was No pre-orders as they are only getting one. The fleet manager goes on to state that he will "entertain" offers of $15,000 OVER MSRP :eek: Base price would start at $54,995.

[Start Rant]At this price and the few upgrades 85 horsepower, larger wheels, some suspension tweaks, and different seats is kind of hard to justify the price in my book. Now that puts it in the Benz/Cadillac range. I'm sure that other states won't have the markup (or not nearly as much), just another case of good ol' California charging more than everyone else for the same product. [End Rant] :mad:

·
Registered
334 Posts
To answer a few questions:
HID lights are standard.
I work in the SF bay area, so Northern California.
My dealership exists to make money. If you have more buyers than cars, the price increases, simple supply and demand. All of my special orders go for sticker, all the vehicles that make it to the lot unsold (few) go for above sticker. In a land where a 2br condo starts around $600,000, this is not surprising. $15,000 over does not surprise me, but that wasn't my dealership.
Some dealerships will keep a car for eye-candy (halo vehicles). Just having it on the lot adds to the appeal of the dealership. They'll mark it WAY up, and keep it for a few months, then sell it for a reasonable price. On SRT-8s, this is a real possibility, because allocations are so limited, it won't really matter how long they sit.
Like I said, I'm here to provide info, and I don't personally sell cars (anymore) except to repeat and referral customers looking for specific cars. I'm certainly not looking to get into a dealership markup flame war.
RT

·
Registered
186 Posts
rt4, it's good to get different views on the board. Thanks for adding to the discussion.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
jjs said:
And we care, why??? ;)
Simply put, "It's not enough to succeed, others must fail." :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts