Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal, I purchased the 6 disc radio from ebay. I installed it today, but the cd portion does not work. You can hear the changer move but I keep getting the disc error or the disc is ejected. I emailed the seller last night to see if I can get a refund. If she/he decides not to issue a refund what should I do? Payment was paid by paypay.

Also, If I were to take it to the dealership and just tell them that my radio is not working right do you think they will know that I put the new one in?

Thanks again..

Rmedina

·
Registered
824 Posts
I'm not a tech expert, I'm sure someone on this site will be able to help you. Don't know if you have already tried this but try to cut power to the whole car, and let it sit for like 15min. then plug it back in.

If that doesn't work take it to a dealership that you haven't been to before and try to pass it off!

This of course is after the Ebayer refuses refund. Heck for the hey of it just take it to a new dealer and see what they tell you. What's the worst that will happen they say no? :(

Good Luck bro.

·
Administrator
7,117 Posts
Hey rmedina, sorry for your troubles. PayPal's Buyer Protection policy states the following:

PayPal Website said:
"PayPal Buyer Protection is designed to help buyers recover funds from eBay sellers who do not deliver the promised goods, or who deliver goods that are 'significantly not as described' in the listing. As defined in more detail.... section 4.a.iii - The item is unusable and was not disclosed as such. For example, if there are missing major parts or components, will not function or turn on, or spoiled or past a relevant date. (NOTE: this applies to the item in its received state, no matter what the condition when it was shipped.).

"If your PayPal Buyer Protection claim is granted, PayPal will reimburse you for losses up to the amount shown below. Your reimbursement will be paid in the currency of the original PayPal payment, up to the maximum payout listed in the table below:

Currency of Original PayPal Payment - Maximum Payout

Euros - €400.00 EUR
Canadian Dollars - $1,250.00 CAD
Pounds Sterling - £500.00 GBP
US Dollars - $1,000.00 USD
Yen - ¥112,000 JPY
Australian Dollars - $1,500.00 AUD
You can easily file a claim at the website, however they encourage you to try to settle with the seller first.

As for your 2nd question, yes the dealer will know. The options and equipment included when you purchased your vehicle follow the VIN #, which is what the dealer uses to track your service and warranty... it's all in the computer! Some service mgrs. will put added oem parts onto your original warranty, (mine will) however there seems to be no consistency in this area. My guy says most don't even know they can do this!

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HEMEEE said:
Hey rmedina, sorry for your troubles. PayPal's Buyer Protection policy states the following:

You can easily file a claim at the website, however they encourage you to try to settle with the seller first.

As for your 2nd question, yes the dealer will know. The options and equipment included when you purchased your vehicle follow the VIN #, which is what the dealer uses to track your service and warranty... it's all in the computer! Some service mgrs. will put added oem parts onto your original warranty, (mine will) however there seems to be no consistency in this area. My guy says most don't even know they can do this!
Thanks for the input. I'm going to give the seller a few days to respond to my email. If nothing comes up.. I will try the paypal protection plan.

All I wanted was to play some freakin mp3s.. :(

Rmedina

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does it fail to read all CD's or only burned discs? If it plays standard CD's OK, I'd wager that its not the player but the CD type (we've all had good/bad experiences with different brands of CD-R on various drives). Good luck with it, it's a real pain when this stuff happens.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well paypal buyers protection on applys to sellers who qualify, take a look at the auction and see if there was reference to this. Also there is the option that when you purchased to buy a money back guarentee if you choose to do that. My advice is regardless if the item is broke and you are sure, file the claim asap. The reason for this is, if for some reason the seller is attempting to be fradulant if the funds are not in there when the claim is filed paypal will simply send you an email stating a refund was attempted but funds where unavailable then you are stuck and you have no other recourse but legal. Once the claim is filed and if every thing works out then you simply respond to the claim stating that everything was resolved. Lastly all claims must be filled within 30 days of the payment so make sure an no matter what the seller states on how he will work it out make sure its filled before then.

Been a loooong time paypal user, back when it used to be x.com so been around the block a bit :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jeffp said:
Does it fail to read all CD's or only burned discs? If it plays standard CD's OK, I'd wager that its not the player but the CD type (we've all had good/bad experiences with different brands of CD-R on various drives). Good luck with it, it's a real pain when this stuff happens.
The deal is when I first installed it it worked just fine. It played the mp3s and reg cds. After a day of driving around town it started to act up. First it was skipping on the mp3s then when I changed it to a reg cd it would either say disc error or disc ejected.

Today, it worked just fine. The only thing I did notice yesterday was the radio was warm to the touch. I'm going to give it a few days.

Regarding the paypay protection, it was on the listing.

Thanks again..

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Hey I just had a problem with my deck as well today. My car is 4 months old and only has 2200 km's and my deck was acting up. It isn't a used deck, its the deck that came with my car. I put in a new cd today and the deck kept saying "reading disc" and it wouldn't even let me turn the deck off. I turned the car off and the deck was still on!! I waited and turned the car back on and still it wouldn't come out of "reading disc". After a few mins it finally let me eject the disc and so I tried to play the rest of the cd's I had loaded and it wouldn't play none of them. So I turned the car off and went inside and burned myself a new mp3 cd. I put it back in and again same problem and now it wouldn't play any mp3 cd's only cd's. It turns out the problem was that I had burned 100 mp3 files on one disc and for some reason the deck doesn't like that. After splitting the files and putting 50 on each CD it worked fine and no problems since. I don't know if your having the same problem but I don't know i was shocked my deck would do something like this when the car is pretty much brand new.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I filed the complaint with paypal and guess who contacted within hours.. The seller gave me some story explaining why she could not contact me. I shipped the radio out yesterday and will be issue a full refund. Thanks for the input..

Rmedina

·
Registered
173 Posts
good luck rmedina, i hope you get it sorted out and actually get the refund, sometimes you get bagged and they never refund you...

·
Registered
124 Posts
rmedina said:
I filed the complaint with paypal and guess who contacted within hours.. The seller gave me some story explaining why she could not contact me. I shipped the radio out yesterday and will be issue a full refund. Thanks for the input..

Rmedina
Just make sure and do NOT cancel the complaint with paypal till your money has been recieved, once the complaint is canceled you cannot file it again..

Good luck..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts