Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, new member here. I bought my 05 300c two and a half weeks ago and everything was working perfectly. Then yesterday, my power steering wheel stopped adjusting up and down. It will extend and retract, but won't move up and down. I've tried resetting the seat memory and all of that. When I move the lever up or down, I hear the motor running to a point and will stop, but no movement from the wheel. Please help, I love this car and as I suspect you guys know, a problem with it is utterly devastating to me...
What should I try...
Other than this, she's still perfect and actually the wheel's locked in the lowest setting so it's not that big of a deal, but it still sucks...
Thanks for any contributions...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Found Service Bulletin

I found 19-004-05 bulletin. I'm praying it will fix problem. Any ideas on cost? Should I expect dealer who sold car to me to fix???

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
either the Clock Spring or the SCM (Steering Control Module) are bad..

had the issue myself back in 2006 I believe it there is a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) (**EDIT i see you located it) on it, however if you are out of warranty or have no service contract it is on your dime (TSBs are not recalls)

the Clock Spring and the SCM are both about $35 each cost wise, the big cost will be the labor to install, though they are easy to do if you are mechanically inclined..

also it is possible the car needs a software update or 2.. if you are local to Southern California I own my own Chrysler Star Scan tool and can do it for you at no charge.. Dealership will charge hourly rate..

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's tight

Mr. I, that's tight you replied so quickly...Thanks for the offer but I live in Northern KY. Still, that's good news about the pricing, I thought it would be a lot more bc yes I am out of warranty.
I don't think I need the scan anyway bc I can hear the motor moving, just not connecting up...
How tough would it be for me to change out and do you know where there are any instructions other than the TSB?
Thanks brother for all your help...

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
Mr. I, that's tight you replied so quickly...Thanks for the offer but I live in Northern KY. Still, that's good news about the pricing, I thought it would be a lot more bc yes I am out of warranty.
I don't think I need the scan anyway bc I can hear the motor moving, just not connecting up...
How tough would it be for me to change out and do you know where there are any instructions other than the TSB?
Thanks brother for all your help...
other than the TSB no I do not know, however I am hopefully doing some work on my car this weekend (installing AMG paddle shifters on the steering wheel)

so I can snap some pictures of what everything looks like...

·
Banned
5,754 Posts
http://modsfaceoff.com/2005_chrylser_300_TSB/19-004-05.pdf

here is a PDF of the TSB, it does require a flash with the StarScan..

I'm gonna guess based on the time requirement and parts this is a $400 or dealer fix..

again not difficult if you are mechanically inclined you can buy all those parts here: MoparPartz.com for 1/2 what your dealer will charge (Moparpartz is Vision Dodge in NY and they sell at cost plus 10% not cost plus 120% like most dealers)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought a 2006 300c and I am having similar problems. First time on a forum. My steering wheel doesnt move up/down or in/out. Also the pedals dont move either. I hear a ticking sound underneath the seat when I hit either function. Dont know what to do. Probably have to fork up a bunch of money to have a dealer fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2006 300c and I am having similar problems. First time on a forum. My steering wheel doesnt move up/down or in/out. Also the pedals dont move either. I hear a ticking sound underneath the seat when I hit either function. Dont know what to do. Probably have to fork up a bunch of money to have a dealer fix.
hey not sure if you fixed the problem or not but if you did, what ended up being the issue cause i am currently having the same problem. this is an old post i see, so hopefully yoju reply

thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nope...deepsea’s last activity was just a couple days after that post, 7 years ago. Perhaps someone else here had the same issue and can help you now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts