Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or are there more problems with these cars than anything i have read before, i allready know that the service department's at most locations from what i read in here are terrible, and i can 2nd that because our people here are extrremely terrible so i know what alot of you are going through. It seems that everytime there is a new thread that there is a problem with someones ride, example, poor gas mileage, hesitation at 55-58 mph, broken navigation system's, wheel pitting, transmission slipage, shaky front ends, moon roof rattling, dealers wanting to replace items with re-conditioned items, the list goes on and on, is this really what we have to look foward to, i don't know about ya'll but for between $35,000 and $40,000 it don't seem worth it to me, i know there are 300 owners out there that enjoy there cars don't get me wrong, us included, but it seems that there are more lemons out there than roses, what the heck is going on, and we only have 600 miles on our's right now i am scared to drive the thing because everyone else is having problems with 1000 miles on up, what the heck is going on. Thanks Mark.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Have you ever.......

1sweetc said:
Is it just me or are there more problems with these cars than anything i have read before, i allready know that the service department's at most locations from what i read in here are terrible, and i can 2nd that because our people here are extrremely terrible so i know what alot of you are going through. It seems that everytime there is a new thread that there is a problem with someones ride, example, poor gas mileage, hesitation at 55-58 mph, broken navigation system's, wheel pitting, transmission slipage, shaky front ends, moon roof rattling, dealers wanting to replace items with re-conditioned items, the list goes on and on, is this really what we have to look foward to, i don't know about ya'll but for between $35,000 and $40,000 it don't seem worth it to me, i know there are 300 owners out there that enjoy there cars don't get me wrong, us included, but it seems that there are more lemons out there than roses, what the heck is going on, and we only have 600 miles on our's right now i am scared to drive the thing because everyone else is having problems with 1000 miles on up, what the heck is going on. Thanks Mark.
Have you ever checked other car brand forums. IMO, every one is on the same boat, i.e, BMW, Mercedes, Ford............

Around 4000, still no problems

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe you shouldn't read these forums! Because I think the "issues" with the LX platform cars are in truth relatively minor. There are thousands of us on the road, logging hundreds of thousands of miles on these cars. This is the first year of a new platform. First runs are notorious for having undiscovered problems.

All in all, I think the LX platform will be deemed a resounding success. Relax, and enjoy your car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CottyGee,

We concur with your comments.

5,500 miles and no issues of any kind.

Forums get lots more problems posted and corrected than they get compliments. It was true on the Corvette C5 and C6 forums, on the Thunderbird forums and on the Jeep forums over the past three years!

corvette owners gripe about 'Chevrolet service' being terrible, Thunderbird owners gripe about por "Ford" service departments.

We enjoy our 300C and if something breaks tomorrow we will get it repaired and continue to enjoy the car!

:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok crew we are enjoying it and will continue to enjoy our ride. Thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
You will only hear about the bad, never the good. AND, once you read about a problem, then you start looking for it!! Once you start looking for ghosts, you will start believing in them.

You have 2 choices as far as I see it. You can either believe in ghosts or not! Take them for what they are. Don't live in fear!! The glass is full!!

I have 10k, and love my ride more and more every day. I had a few issues with my dealer, so I found a new service department (a Dodge dealer no less, and they are great, and more importantly, they LISTEN!).

I'm not saying there aren't issues, of course there are some. But don't read about something and then try to find them with your ride. This is the BEST board bar none for education, knowledge, and help for any car out there - use it as such, and in the meantime - enjoy the drive!! It only gets better!

·
Registered
323 Posts
1sweetc said:
As you can see from your own comments. Different people are having different problems. I have yet to see ONE person have ALL those problems that you are describing. The problems are just a handful and there are thousand of 300 owners that havent had a complaint. Enjoy your car, and if something happens then thats what warranty is for. Nothing is perfect so dont expect a perfect car. Enjoy it and have all the fun you can with it (safely).

·
Registered
351 Posts
1sweet,

6months, 6kmiles and no stock issues.
I'm glad we post the problems, it gives forum members the knowledge base to deal with both sales and service depts.
Although some of our members have been screwed, this forum gives people the chance to know if they are being bs'ed.

I had a parts dept. tell me that if I purchased a locking gas cap that I could void my warranty. I posted it so that the crap that I was told would be noted and that others would be aware.

Enjoy your C, follow the info posted(as you may know the fix before the shop) and drive, drive drive!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
5point7 said:
You will only hear about the bad, never the good.
I agree 5point7, there is an old adage, people will tell 20 other people when they get bad service and only 5 when they get good service.

Get out there an enjoy your 300.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i dunno i havent had really any problems at all and i am at almost 9000 miles. i had to have the radiator isolator brackets changed as part of a recall but havent seen any other real issuses. with any car model there will be hitches. considering this is the first year of production on the 300 i think it is pretty damn good. i love my car i hope to eventually have a C or even been thinking about gettinfg a magnum and changing out the front end for the 300 front end. heres to many more miles on that open highway :)

·
BLOODY ADMENSTRUATOR
7,554 Posts
1sweetc, the 300C, built on the LX platform (a hybrid of Chrysler and Mercedes technology) is, without a doubt, the most sophisicated and trouble-free vehicle under $50,000 on the market today.

This car begs to be driven hard. I have had over a hundred cars for fleet and personal use over the years. My C has been almost trouble free. I can't think of any serious problem, whether it be design or assembly related, that plagues this car. The engine, drivetrain, suspension and brakes are superb. The overall fit and finish is par for the industry.

If you want to see problems, go to a Ford or Volkswagen site and look at recalls.

Over 2000 members have joined this forum. Almost all are here because of admiration for this car. There are plenty of threads here about how good this car is. Here is one:

http://www.300cforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5084

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
I'm with tekhen and Northern Rider on this one; the more info posted, the more of an information base we have to draw from when needed, including problems. It seems to me that I read many more posts about how much everyone loves their cars than problem-based posts.

Rather than being scared to drive your car, be confident that you have this source in your back pocket!

Remember, there is no reality... only perception! Guess that makes me an optimist!
(BTW, I have the right pull problem, as yet unresolved and still am in lust with my car) :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was also kind of worried after reading stuff on the forum. But so far so good... 1 1/2 months, 2k miles and about a million looks...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok i agree we love our car and that is true that every vehicle and forums related to there cars will show problems galore, so we are enjoying our ride, it is on jackstands right now and has been for almost 2 weeks, you see we have an A.W.D. and i am having the rims chromed right now so they should be done by sometime this next week, other than that things are looking good, and yes this web site is definetly positive info and i love using it. Thanks Gang.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Gee, nothing ever goes wrong with my 300C - what kinda lemon is that?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I AM A NEW 300C OWNER,(3wks) AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. I HAVE HAD SOME SCRATCHES THAT MY DEARLER HAS AGREED TO REPAIR. HERE IS A ? HAS ANYONES PAINT CHIPPED AFTER WASHING ?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
MR.300C said:
I AM A NEW 300C OWNER,(3wks) AND I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER. I HAVE HAD SOME SCRATCHES THAT MY DEARLER HAS AGREED TO REPAIR. HERE IS A ? HAS ANYONES PAINT CHIPPED AFTER WASHING ?
My paint has never chipped, and I take my car to the car wash almost every week. As a matter of fact, the paint still remained 'in tact' even after a recent 'fender-bender', but I certainly can't say that for the front-end plastics. It's certainly a good thing that the styrofoam impact absorbers did their job. ;)

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
[Gee, nothing ever goes wrong with my 300C - what kinda lemon is that?]

Ditto Redman. 5000 miles, not one complaint, not one problem (knocking on wood) and the dealer has in my mind became a "legendary customer service provider." I have received 3 calls from the sales manager (7 weeks since I got my BBC) wanting to know how I am enjoying the C and if I have experienced any problems. I LOVE THIS AUTOMOBILE!

·
Registered
330 Posts
5point7 said:
You will only hear about the bad, never the good. AND, once you read about a problem, then you start looking for it!! Once you start looking for ghosts, you will start believing in them.

You have 2 choices as far as I see it. You can either believe in ghosts or not! Take them for what they are. Don't live in fear!! The glass is full!!

I have 10k, and love my ride more and more every day. I had a few issues with my dealer, so I found a new service department (a Dodge dealer no less, and they are great, and more importantly, they LISTEN!).

I'm not saying there aren't issues, of course there are some. But don't read about something and then try to find them with your ride. This is the BEST board bar none for education, knowledge, and help for any car out there - use it as such, and in the meantime - enjoy the drive!! It only gets better!
I LOVE MY C! I've put this car through hell and it's still-a-tickin. With a 70K custom install and re-adjusted my computer system and removing my dealer-info computer...it's still alive!
I drive it everyday and it's still awesome! Don't let people'sposts bother you. I have several posts with problems I've had but if you read further, this car fixed itself!
This is an amazing car with computers that fix itself and cool places to build stuff and being shot by 5 magazines (so far) and LOOKS,LOOKS,LOOKS!!!
Sorry, I get carried away but this is easily the best vehicle I've owned and this is a pretty long list.
I currently own 5 cars and a motorcycle. I feel bad for the neglected cars and my bike as I drive past them daily and whiz off to my shop for another great day w/ my C!!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts