Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 300c. every time I start the engine it takes 8 seconds. it does turn but doesn't start immediately, had this problem for almost a year now. please help! I have change the fuel pump, the sensor behind the starter ckp sensor i think new battery, and puel pressure is okay.

·
Chrysler Customer Service Agent
1,171 Posts
Have you check to see if your vehicle is involved with the Customer Satisfaction Notification F20 – Reprogram Wireless Control Module?

The software programmed in the Wireless Control Module (WCM) may cause loss of communication and delay / prevent the vehicle from starting under certain conditions.

The Wireless Control Module (WCM) must be reprogrammed.

You may also access the self-service recall site on the internet to check on your vehicle's involvement in any future recalls that are published. Simply go to your brand website Owners page: http://www.Chrysler.com/en/owners and enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) where appropriate.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I have a 2006 300c. every time I start the engine it takes 8 seconds. it does turn but doesn't start immediately, had this problem for almost a year now. please help! I have change the fuel pump, the sensor behind the starter ckp sensor i think new battery, and puel pressure is okay.
ergoproxy, so, you turn the key as if you were starting, and nothing, no sounds or anything. Then, it cranks and fires all while you don't let up on the key, correct?

I ask as occasionally, I have this hesitation as well, but my "delay" from key turn to firing is about 2 seconds. Eight seconds is a LONG TIME!

Hopefully someone else will chime in for ya....

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
no, it does crank/turns the engine but it takes 8 sec to start and i don't let up on the key.
Oh. I misunderstood. Hmmm. Mine doesn't crank but then just fires up. You investigate the starter?

·
Registered
2,561 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was wondering if you ever found a fix for the delayed starting? My 2008 2.7 litre just started doing the same thing. If I release the key from the start position in a second or two it will start on it;s own. Ok was just curious if you found a fix.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No. I suspect that wiring harnesses was put on wrong. I've been low on cash so I'm going to take to the dealership around September

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i found out that the cpu doesnt read the crankshaft sensor. they are unable to fix it, they advise me to take the car to a place that does custom cpu thing to fix it. I will be picking the car up today and find out what i can do. will keep you posted with updates.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow

I found out some important details today. Apparently when i put in a new motor in, its the wrong one. now i have a second gen hemi motor with 1st gen cpu and wiring harness. unable to communicate with the crankshaft sensor. I will be going to a nearby performance shop and see what they can do. if nothing i will try some other place.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts