Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having the oil changed on my C at a quick lube place a few weeks ago and they told me I had a bad tranny leak, then they told me I had a rear diff leak too and I should get it to the dealer ASAP. I took it to the dealership and the service guy thought the lube shop might be trying to pull one over on me. The car only had 7,000 miles on it, kinda early for a tranny leak. They gave me a loaner and took a few days to get a new seal. They confirmed the seal leak was really bad. The other wierd thing that happened was in August I came out to my car after work and thought something looked odd on the passenger side. My rocker panel was gone. G-O-N-E, gone. Now I didn't run over anything, hit anything or in anyway cause this to come off. The guy at the dealership thought it might have been stolen, but I doubt it. It took 4 months to get the panel.
Anyone else have any of these problems?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
SuperproducerTS said:
I was having the oil changed on my C at a quick lube place a few weeks ago and they told me I had a bad tranny leak, then they told me I had a rear diff leak too and I should get it to the dealer ASAP. I took it to the dealership and the service guy thought the lube shop might be trying to pull one over on me. The car only had 7,000 miles on it, kinda early for a tranny leak. They gave me a loaner and took a few days to get a new seal. They confirmed the seal leak was really bad. The other wierd thing that happened was in August I came out to my car after work and thought something looked odd on the passenger side. My rocker panel was gone. G-O-N-E, gone. Now I didn't run over anything, hit anything or in anyway cause this to come off. The guy at the dealership thought it might have been stolen, but I doubt it. It took 4 months to get the panel.
Yes I believe Mileshoover also had a missing rocker panel, and did not know if it had come this way from the factory. I believe it was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
340 Posts
SuperproducerTS said:
I had the same problem with both side skirts (rocker panel), it seemed that at high speeds the clips which hold the thing to the body of the car are weak so they break off. Luckily they just hung in place until I went to the dealer and they ordered the clips & until they arrive they put temporary replacements until the originals come.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well I was just informed today that my transmission and the rear diff are leaking while my car was in for the bracket recall and an oil change. They had to order new seals and I have to take it back in two days. I'm not exactly thrilled. 16k miles on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts