Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently bought a 2006 Chrysler 300c with a few mods, has headers and my 02 sensor went bad. I tried to pull original and the pigtail is longer than the one I got from the parts store. Is there a place I can get an extender? Or can someone point me in right direction of a sensor with longer pigtail? Or can this wire simply be spliced?
Cars throwing code p0031 bank 1 sensor 1

·
Registered
860 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is this an SRT8 or a 5.7 C? What kind of headers....shorties, stock 6.1's, or long tubes? What brand is the O2 Sensor?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Is this an SRT8 or a 5.7 C? What kind of headers....shorties, stock 6.1's, or long tubes? What brand is the O2 Sensor?
Hi! Thanks new around here! It’s a 5.7C, I don’t know the exact build as I bought it from a guy who did not speak English. But I can make out the words dynatech on the headers. Possibly long tubes? I will have to double check. I will also double check the brand of sensor. My mechanic (dad lol) did not want to pull it knowing replacement wouldn’t fit!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi! Thanks new around here! It’s a 5.7C, I don’t know the exact build as I bought it from a guy who did not speak English. But I can make out the words dynatech on the headers. Possibly long tubes? I will have to double check. I will also double check the brand of sensor. My mechanic (dad lol) did not want to pull it knowing replacement wouldn’t fit!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Is this an upstream or downstream O2 Sensor? Were you getting any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)? If so, what are they? A couple things, FWIW. Chrysler vehicles, especially our early Hemi's are very picky about the brand of O2 Sensors used. I learned this first hand years ago and did a thread about it on several other DXC/FCA forums. This may help you a bit: Oxygen Sensors and Their Role in Engine Management--A Primer NTK Sensors, made by NGK seem to work the best on early Chrysler vehicles.

Regarding your too short pigtail on the O2 Sensor. This makes me think you might have long tube headers on it, as most of them have moved the positions of all of the O2 Sensors to some extent.....especially the downstream ones. Splicing these wires is not a good idea as, on some, the wire insulation is used as the vent for the sensor. Also, most long tube header builders do offer O2 Sensor extensions to resolve problems like you're experiencing. See page 3:

https://www.dynatechheaders.com/Userfiles/Instructions/LIT-887 Magnum300CChargerChallengerHeaderInstall.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts