Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was privileged to be a part of an Auto Survey today sponsored by Chrysler. They were trying to get opinions on the next 300 and Chargers. I only got to see the 300rds. Last time i was at one of these the they had the Charger there too but this time it was sectioned off and i hear they had 3 different Chargers. Any way I'm getting off my topic.

The reason I'm talking about this is cause what i saw today must be stopped.
There was only one that was worth being called a 300 and in my opinion is the logical progression of the 300. The 2 they seemed to want the most opinions on were Buick Lucerne clones. Barely any of the bold styling that we all love on the 300. I can't go into details of the cars but you have seen a Lucerne, think that with a 300 grill. Now the one interior that they showed was absolutely gorgeous. Leather and lots of new ideas in the dash and console.

So what can we do to let Chrysler know we want forward motion with the 300 not copies of other companies cars or backwards to the M. I know that these types of surveys help but they need to be told more often we want progress.

E

·
Administrator
23,436 Posts
Any pics out there yet? I'm sure once we see them lots of comments will be made if it's as bad as you say. They read these sites so hopefully they'll be taking our feelings into consideration.

Bernie

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I'd be happy if chrysler kept treading water as far as body style goes. The interior could use some improvement, and the antenna on the 08 has to go.

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Eric,
No pics of the prototypes? I agree with you! This possible change must be stopped before it even becomes a concept car. What is Chrysler thinking anyway? They have a very good thing going with their current 300 design. When are they going to learn to not mess with Mother Nature? To even consider a replacement that looks like the Lucerne would be a terrible mistake.

One thing I know I can do is to firmly state my opinions (and obviously others) to the Corporate Reps that will be attending the round table discussions I have been invited to at SF.

I don't like jumping to conclusions but this is not the first time I have heard what you just shared.

bruno

Golden Cloud...the fishing pole is gone on the 2009s.

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No they were checking phones at the door so No one got pics. So whats this round table you speak of?

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
No they were checking phones at the door so No one got pics. So whats this round table you speak of?
Check the first post on the Spring Festival Registration page to see all reps who are going to be attending the round table discussions with various LX enthusiasts attending SF who have been fatchance to participate. I wonder if they will be getting an earful from the Magnum owners...

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
There was only one that was worth being called a 300 and I'm my opinion is the logical progression of the 300. The 2 they seemed to want the most opinions on were Buick Lucerne clones. Barely any of the bold styling that we all love on the 300.
Why any company would design their flagship to look like anything else already on the road is beyond me. What makes the 300s so distinctive and desirable? They have a nice, but not spectacular feature set. Their being a full-size RWD helps. The HEMI in the Cs is certainly part of it. But it's their breakaway styling that has made them the classic they have or are surely destined to become.

Nobody mistakes our cars for Lucernes. Some don't know what they are but that's okay. They don't ask if they're the new fill-in-the-blank. I know some few have been mistaken for Bentleys, but that's not the worst comparison, if one has to be made. How'd you like to plunk down $65 big ones for a new 550i and have someone ask you "Is that that new Hyundai?" I've had mine for three months and am fat old fart, yet so far four totally unknown-to-me, lovely young ladies have approached me and told me how much they liked it, or that I was driving their dream car. I can only imagine the kinda of traffic you youngsters get!

The chopped top look and the bold corners, together with the grille - be it stock or aftermarket - is what have set them apart. And truth be told, it's not really a chopped top. It's the high belt line that gives them that look.

I can understand Chrysler wanting to refresh it for 2010. I think it will probably need it, but don't ruin what it's got going! Play with the headlights and tail lights. Maybe shorten the height of the grill a bit, while retaining the heritage look of it. They could slightly reconfigure the side sculpting and maybe the wheel wells. Slightly! Heck, just a little extra sheet metal there would do a lot to make them look a little lowered straight off the line. The interior needs some work, but nobody is going to come stick their head inside your window and say "Oh! That's the new 300, isn't it!" You hit a home run in March of '04. Don't muck it up! Don't make it look like anybody else's car!!! :pat:

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Signs are not looking good.

Chrysler 300/Charger facelift due in 2011, RWD sticking around - Autoblog

Chrysler 300/Charger facelift due in 2011, RWD sticking around
While new fuel economy regs have put the General's rear-wheel-drive offerings into a holding pattern (we think), Chrysler will soldier on with its RWD LX platform into the next decade. According to The Car Connection, Chrysler plans to makeover the 300 and Charger in 2011, but the reason the Pentastar people are keeping it rear-wheel-drive isn't to sate the public's lust for FR cars, rather there's no budget to develop a new front-wheel-drive platform.

The Car Connections's insider says that updates to the HEMI might be underway and that the new styling direction of the 300 will maintain the sedan's gangsta cues, but the low roofline will probably be nixed in favor of a larger greenhouse

·
Registered
151 Posts
but Does Anyone Have Pics??

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
What really chaps my ass, is that Chrysler is tight on R&D money, they should be, and they're wasting it on stupid ass **** like this.

Chrysler has bigger problems, like the caliber platform, the Sebring/Avenger, a complete disgrace to their lineup.

Instead of making the Avenger/Sebring decent cars (the sebring should compete in the C300/TSX/whatever rounds), they're just ignoring them.. and putting lots of R&D into... turning the 300C into a Lucerne lookalike?

ERgh. It pisses me off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts