Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are everyone's thoughts on the ProTorque 2800 rpm stall Torque converter? Does anyone know of a link on installing a torque converter on an 06 300C SRT-8? Specifically, a ProTorque converter with a 2800 rpm stall?

·
Registered
18 Posts
2800 stall

I don't have any experience with ProTorque converters, but I put a precision industries 2800 stall in my last car, and it really woke it up. I think the 2800 rpm stall is the perfect amount for a street car, and it should not affect your mileage too much, if at all.

Jected...did you notice any drop in mileage after the install?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the Pro torque converter and the car is animal now lays a really long burnout.

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
I don't have any experience with ProTorque converters, but I put a precision industries 2800 stall in my last car, and it really woke it up. I think the 2800 rpm stall is the perfect amount for a street car, and it should not affect your mileage too much, if at all.

Jected...did you notice any drop in mileage after the install?
In all honesty, I have no idea what the mileage was like at stock nor as it is now. I fill up and drive it, I don't take any notice of what it uses, sorry I couldn't be of any help mate.

·
Premium Member
7,787 Posts
super mod

This should be the best mod out there for any SRT8. Our trans is unique in that it employs a multi stage lock up in almost every gear, so in normal driving even a higher stall is not going to be revving up all the time to get going.

Shouldn't affect anything in normal driving, but should be crazy out of the hole!

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I would consider heavy duty half shafts with a stall converter. YOu were thinking of drag radials too, right?

Moose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts