Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just made the purchase of my short life-time (30 yrs). After years of purchasing crappy vehicles that last just a few years, I finally have bucked up and purchased a new-(er) vehicle. I traded in my 2001 Isuzu Trooper for a 2005 Cool Vanilla 3.5 L V6 Chrysler 300 Limited with Navigation (35K miles).

I am so excited to own this beautiful beast! I've shown it off to all of my friends and they are all very impressed. Now I'm thinking, what's next? Well it isn't completely loaded. That's where I'm hoping this forum can help give me advice and opinions on your likes, dislikes and must-haves.

It's lacking BlueTooth which a friend of mine (who turned me on to this vehicle) has. He loves it. Talking with the dealership, they said I have to have an after market version installed. Any advice/opinions? I would also like to have a sunroof installed and was quoted at the dealership $1,200 and from a shop $1,500. Fair pricing?

Next would be the smaller things in life, the details that people will notice like custom chrome, interior lighting and those really bright head lights. I've seen a lot of this stuff for sale on eBay but not sure its legit...looks kinda chincy. Recommendations where to find a trust worthy store?

And finally, I live in the Midwest (Kansas City to be exact) and the weather here is extremely seasonal. Being that the 300 is rear-wheel drive, has anyone had any issues getting around in inclement weather?

I look forward to reading any responses and becoming active in this forum. Thanks in advance to all!

Jacob

·
Registered
241 Posts
welcome and enjoy :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Welcome Jacob to the forums. Congratulations on your ‘newer’ purchase!
One of the best things you can do for yourself as a newbie is to use the various threads to help with your quest.

For instance, you can search for the things you mentioned in Audio/Alarms/Navigations, Lighting Discussion, and Exterior Modifications. You can also put key terms into the “search” feature at the top of the page. This forum has been around 4 years now and has gathered so much knowledge and personal experiences.

There are many off-site places to purchase mod items. However, you might also want to consider our own supporting vendors, too, who often provide discounts to members. You can also check their Trader Ratings to read the experiences of their customers before making decisions.

These vehicles work great in rain/snow conditions provided you have the proper winter tires put on. You’ll see plenty of great suggestions in the Wheel/Tire discussion thread.

Hope this helps you a little. Don’t hesitate to ask for help in specific-related discussion threads.

bruno

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
WELCOME from our West Virginia LXs in the Mid-Ohio River Valley!

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Hope we are up to your expectations.. if not, let us know!

Glad to see you happy with the new ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts