Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal to have a puddle of anti freeze on the garage floor every morning? Its about 1 foot circle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No puddle of fluids is normal except for a/c condensate on a hot day. Best to check out the source. For antifreeze, only, that's the radiator, a radiator or heater hose, or the overflow tank. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
Agreed... NOT normal. Get it checked out. Keep us informed as to your findings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Angus - are you sure it's antifreeze? As Robin suggested, it could be condensation from your AC. If you haven't already done so, test it by touch. If it's antifreeze, it will be a little slick and should also have color to it. Another determining factor could be the location of the puddle. AC condensation is normally back more toward the middle of the car while most coolant leaks will be closer to the front and radiator. If you can, get a light and look under the car and see if you can trace it back to a source. Hopefully it's just normal condensation, either way - good luck :)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Is it normal to have a puddle of anti freeze on the garage floor every morning? Its about 1 foot circle.
are you 100% sure its the anti freeze and not the dreaded tranny leak? The color will be a pink/purplish if its tranny. Get underneath and find out where its coming from.

If its tranny leak dealership will know about it and fix it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had my car into the dealer for the tranny leak involving a certian TSB. While there they told me that Chrylser wanted to replace the coolant tank on my SRT. My coolant tank wasn't leaking, so maybe they are having leaks and are starting to replace them. You might want to check with you dealer. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
The coolant tank replacement was related to the coolant gunk TSB. If the coolant tank wasn't totally crudded up by the stuff (mine wasn't) they didn't replace the tank. If it was nearly full, the easiest thing to do was replace.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts