Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,252 Posts
It is a known issue since 05, and even occurs on the much heralded 6.4.

A small puff of oil on start up means little. If it lasts 5 or 10 seconds then I'd be concerned.

My car has done this when I start it to move it around a few times in a day without driving it.

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
I have a 2012 300SRT with 3,000 miles. Had an oil change done 3 weeks ago.
I used my remote starter and a puff/cloud of grayish blue smoke came out? What is that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Have you personally checked the oil level since the oil change?

·
Premium Member
2011, Chrysler 300C
149 Posts
Sure wish I knew the cause of this, mine had this issue the day after I drove it off the lot. I have noticed the only time it has done it is if I start it on my driveway to check something and don't move it then when I go back out to start I get the smoke on occasion. Also including today I got home from work and was in the house about 1/2hr and when I went back out I used the remote start and a puff of bluish smoke came out the back. I was very disappointed when this happened the day after buying it and took back to the dealer and of course they found nothing wrong. Prior to this vehicle I had an 06 300C and never had any smoke from the tailpipe.

·
Premium Member
2011, Chrysler 300C
149 Posts
I wonder what Chrysler has to say about this, with the price tag many of us have paid for these vehicles they shouldn't be smoking at all. Has to be something that was changed in the newer engines, I have 44,000 on my engine and starting to see it smoke again. It had stopped for a while.

My new srt8 does this

Dealer says it's normal and looks at me like I'm from another planet when I say it's not LOL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts