Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes, unfortunately I have been pulled over three times in the past week for the same violation. What violation you ask? Speeding? Tinted tail lights? Tinted head lights? Tinted windows? Tinted side markers? Well, none of the above.

All three times an officer has pulled me over for no front license plate.

One cop even mentioned the cover on my rear license plate, made me get out of my car at 2 AM and take it off, otherwise he was going to write me up for both plates.

Needless to say I've gotten two warnings and one actual ticket for the absence of my front plate.

I've heard of brackets that can be controlled by a switch that actually retract the license plate back and under the front bumper.

Anyone have any insight on this contraption?

·
Banned
651 Posts
i would of gave you a ticket for owning a 2.7

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
motorized brackets? thats gangsta! let me know if you ever design one lol

as ludacris says... "with a hideaway license plate"

·
Registered
435 Posts
OMG, I'm supposed to be asleep, can't quite get there though... so here I am replying to your post. There is a company that makes these, not quite like the one in the video you post but a flip out type one. they have two versions one flips like kind of the one in the video and the other slides, for those who would have clearance issues because of lowered suspensions... it slides down flat under the car sitting flush with the bottom belly of your car, friends and I have used both types in different installs, usually on hot rod builds we've done think like a ford deuce coupe, had one of the slidy ones on a Packard and willys type, I'll look for the invoice, been a few years but I tend to keep crap like that or I''ll ask one of my friends if they still have the contact info.
I'm babbling now, LOL, sleepy but haven't been able to stay asleep so, I'm off to try again... and no worries M.O. i like your 2.7, and going by your post, you have a great attitude, enjoy your ride no matter what... :24:

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just obey the damn law. If your state requires a front plate what makes you think the law doesn't apply to you?

By the way, he should have given you a ticket for the ugliest car out there. To each his own, I guess.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
These moving plate frames are Uber easy to make if you have access to a linear actuator some metal and a welder.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm not going to lie. Some of the posts were funny and I even laughed, but why does everyone always bash MO's car? Didn't your mamas ever tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all? :rolleyes:

I was going to tell you to just get a front license plate and buy a tinted covering over it. It won't quite be "murdered out" but that's the best I could do. However, your retractable license plate isn't a bad idea. If you have it retracted and then put it up after you get pulled over, I don't know if that will get you out of a ticket or not.

It's funny because in the "cops hating on 300s" thread, I got so mad about police stereotyping our cars but when I look at your car, I bet police are just itching to pull it over. It doesn't look like a drug dealer car but it could pass for a mafia car.

By the way, keep up the good work and as long as you like the car then that's what's up. With the exception of the wheels (I know you're getting new ones), I love the car as is and LOOOOVE the concept. :fing02:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Dude i reckon your car is good..... Just get Black 22's and u set.... flying high..... haha a Definite MAFIA car, i wouldnt mind having it in my drive way next to my other ones, The Bling Bling and the Fasty and the Scary MAFIA.....

if you ever get you hands on those number plates... id love to have one for my front haha.... its sick as.....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Yes, unfortunately I have been pulled over three times in the past week for the same violation. What violation you ask? Speeding? Tinted tail lights? Tinted head lights? Tinted windows? Tinted side markers? Well, none of the above.

All three times an officer has pulled me over for no front license plate.

One cop even mentioned the cover on my rear license plate, made me get out of my car at 2 AM and take it off, otherwise he was going to write me up for both plates.

Needless to say I've gotten two warnings and one actual ticket for the absence of my front plate.

So I come to you fellow members for a solution to my problem:
My car, as you know, is "blacked out", and the rear license plate kills it enough, so I, by no means, want to have damn NY plate on the front of my car. Front plates just take away from the whole front of the car in my opinion.

I've heard of brackets that can be controlled by a switch that actually retract the license plate back and under the front bumper.

Anyone have any insight on this contraption?
I've never had a front plate on my 300 and live in nyc too. No tickets (hopefully I didn't jinx myself:pat: ).

·
Registered
2,328 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Just obey the damn law. If your state requires a front plate what makes you think the law doesn't apply to you?

By the way, he should have given you a ticket for the ugliest car out there. To each his own, I guess.
Damn, I never heard insults like this on this board before. Man you guys are harsh. This thread wasn't about his car being in a beauty contest, it is about getting tickets. Stop hijacking, gosh.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I got a ticket yesterday for no front plate. Stupid thing is, the car was parked, and the idiot officer even put on the ticket that the plate was on the dash.

I'll be fighting, and beating, this one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've gotten a warning for no front plate, told the cop I just got the car and it didn't come with a mounting bracket and I'm looking into how to get it mounted. For now I just shove it up on the dash. I'll see if that works

·
Registered
622 Posts
That sucks, but there's no way around it.

If you got the retractable plate holder and had it retracted while driving, you will get stopped again, and possibly ticketed.

I have gotten ticketed in the past for having my bright lights on, go figure.

Again, if you're going to stand out with a car like yours you're going to get stopped, alot.

Don't give them any obvious reason to stop you and you won't get stopped. It's not the cops fault, that's what he is supposed to be doing.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Okay, now that is sweet. I must have one.

As far as your problems, can't daddy lawyer-bucks help?

Eric
Yes, my father's an attorney; however, I want to avoid being pulled over in the first place. Ergo, that's why I want a retractable plate.

Now, I almost didn't reply to this because of your ignorance. If you read ANY part of this thread, you would realize that I AM in fact trying to obey the law but at the same time trying to keep my ride MO'ed when necessary.

And thanks for agreeing with me, to each his own. Probably the smartest thing you've ever posted on these forums. :fing02:
These moving plate frames are Uber easy to make if you have access to a linear actuator some metal and a welder.
Ah, I wish I was mechanically enabled to pull of such a task. :pat:
Thats F-ed up...cold as ice...
Damn, I never heard insults like this on this board before. Man you guys are harsh. This thread wasn't about his car being in a beauty contest, it is about getting tickets. Stop hijacking, gosh.
Hahaha, you should search for my thread about my Lambo Door Install. Talk about people talking trash and making fools out of themselves. People have no couthe nowadays. It's unfortunate that we have members like that lurking around these forums when these forums are intended for help and insight from other members.
That sucks, but there's no way around it.

If you got the retractable plate holder and had it retracted while driving, you will get stopped again, and possibly ticketed.

I have gotten ticketed in the past for having my bright lights on, go figure.

Again, if you're going to stand out with a car like yours you're going to get stopped, alot.

Don't give them any obvious reason to stop you and you won't get stopped. It's not the cops fault, that's what he is supposed to be doing.
I'm planning on driving on the highway with it showing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
i would of gave you a ticket for owning a 2.7
You're a fu**in' douche...:twak:...'nuff said

Who want's to bet this guy speeds on a daily basis...? fu**ing hypocrite...Regardless his decision to remove the plate isn't effecting anyone's safety anyways.

In my opinion you're car is sick dude. I love the murdered out look and like mentioned above, it would look badass with some 22's. Keep up the good work, and don't let the haters get to you...I just laugh at all the dumb asses that wasted money on a 300C to try to make it fast...:lick:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts