Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my 2005 300c w/23k on it, been poking around this site

did coast at 20 mph in and trun the key thing, Did the trun key till chime and push gas to the floor than back up.

many have described pulling fuse 11, should I pull it and put it back in
do I drive with it out, what will it do?

thanks for any tip

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
Take it out for about 15 seconds then put it back in then drive it like you stole it.lol
I tend to do fuse 14 aswell,this controls the tranny,dont know if it works but I do it anyway

·
Registered
32 Posts
With the key ignition off, pull the fuse 11 out. Stick your key back in the ignition, turn the key and hold it as if you were to start it (dont worry it wont start without the fuse), wait for the chime. Turn the key to off and start it one more time until it chimes. Turn the key off. Put the fuse 11 back in. Start the car. It might die after you 1st start it. That's okay. Start it again. It should start.

·
Registered
26 Posts
With the key ignition off, pull the fuse 11 out. Stick your key back in the ignition, turn the key and hold it as if you were to start it (dont worry it wont start without the fuse), wait for the chime. Turn the key to off and start it one more time until it chimes. Turn the key off. Put the fuse 11 back in. Start the car. It might die after you 1st start it. That's okay. Start it again. It should start.
Wait, this is the first I've heard of this. What is the difference between this process and just pulling the fuse for 15 seconds and replacing it?

·
Registered
771 Posts
DCX is giving you bad information. To read up on this process do the search (pulling fuse 11)here. The short answer is this: With the car turned off go under the hood, pull fuse 11 for 15 seconds(thats 1 Mississippi, so on ,so forth) it will reset the adaptive(your granny driving) and then put it back in, go and crank your car and go out and drive the hell out of it. You will see the difference!

·
Away From 300C Forum
19,587 Posts
Is Your Car Running Like Grandma's Oldsmobile? Read On....

Pulling fuse 11 allows your car to re-set/re-learn your mods or clear any CEL's related to the mods (after checking the CEL code ..of course). As has been said..it's a good thing to do from time to time so that if you have been driving conservatively (for shame :)) you can '' correct '' your cars adaptive learning capabilities and turn it into the animal it was designed to be.

Fuse 11 is in the front Power Control Module under the hood. Look @ the underside of the cover, and notice the embossings. Also, note that this is inverted from what you might think.

Fuse 11 is a 20 amp yellow fuse. See below. Pull the fuse, wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in.

In addition, after you pull the fuse and reinstall it, turn the key to on position. Wait until all the idiot lights on the dash and the chimes go off. Then "slowly" depress gas pedal to the floor & slowly let it up. Turn key to off position for 5-10 seconds.

It resets adaptive learning back to factory. Consider doing this before you do any "spirited" track driving. The car then "learns" your new style and uses a more aggressive profile map in the ECM. Unfortunately, day-to-day driving dumbs it down again, so you have to keep pulling it from time to time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I pulled the fuse once (thats all I did) and it didnt change anything. My friend who owns an SRT-8 told me the process I described here. it's not only pulling the fuse out but you also have to turn the key and wait for chime to complete the process. I was told to do it twice. I would follow maddog's advice.

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Is fuse 11 located in the trunk for the older 2005 300c models? That's the only fuse 11 that I see.
No it is not, its located under the hood in the fuse box,check the underside of the fuse box cover and it should say wich one it is.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so I finally pulled fuse 11 WOW that really works my 300c is a real beast, recomend everyone do it, i am sure my mpg will drop at $3.35 per gallon of 98 octane but its worth it

·
Registered
85 Posts
So what did you do exactly ? there was a debate about the way right way to do it !! Did you pull the fuse 11 with the ignition on or off ? While it was pulled out, have you turned the ignition key till the chime and lightswent off ?
I already tried it today for 5 min.with the ignition off and nothing happened !!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Not like it will matter much, will pulling fuse 11 on a touring 3.5 do anything?

·
Registered
225 Posts
So what did you do exactly ? there was a debate about the way right way to do it !! Did you pull the fuse 11 with the ignition on or off ? While it was pulled out, have you turned the ignition key till the chime and lightswent off ?
I already tried it today for 5 min.with the ignition off and nothing happened !!
Do you drive it like it's stolen all the time? If so, I would imagine you will notice little difference! :cool:

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I would think that any gains from pulling this fuse would be temporary. The transmission is adaptive, so it will adjust shift points and quickness based on your driving style. If you spend lots of time loafing around, it will not be as responsive and I would think that any gains from pulling the fuse will be temporary until you get stuck in traffic for a some time.

As a side note, right before my best 0-60 run I drove it around like a maniac. I was going WOT every chance I had as soon as the engine warmed up. Then I pulled over and made the run. I have not been driving as aggresively recently and I believe this may have contributed to why I was unable beat that time.

The bottom line is that your SRT8 doesn't like to be treated like a baby. It likes to get slapped around. If you drive it gently, it will not perform at it's peak. Open up the throttle every chance you get and you won't be dissappointed.

Do you drive it like it's stolen all the time? If so, I would imagine you will notice little difference! :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is Your Car Running Like Grandma's Oldsmobile? Read On....

Pulling fuse 11 allows your car to re-set/re-learn your mods or clear any CEL's related to the mods (after checking the CEL code ..of course). As has been said..it's a good thing to do from time to time so that if you have been driving conservatively (for shame :)) you can '' correct '' your cars adaptive learning capabilities and turn it into the animal it was designed to be.

Fuse 11 is in the front Power Control Module under the hood. Look @ the underside of the cover, and notice the embossings. Also, note that this is inverted from what you might think.

Fuse 11 is a 20 amp yellow fuse. See below. Pull the fuse, wait 5 minutes, then plug it back in.

In addition, after you pull the fuse and reinstall it, turn the key to on position. Wait until all the idiot lights on the dash and the chimes go off. Then "slowly" depress gas pedal to the floor & slowly let it up. Turn key to off position for 5-10 seconds.

It resets adaptive learning back to factory. Consider doing this before you do any "spirited" track driving. The car then "learns" your new style and uses a more aggressive profile map in the ECM. Unfortunately, day-to-day driving dumbs it down again, so you have to keep pulling it from time to time.
well not if your day to day driving is driving it like you stole it ;) im really bad for driving the hell out of my car every time i get behind the wheel .

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
I found out yesterday(you guys probably heard/read it too) that 08 models its fuse #2 you pull not #11,it was on another thread somewhere,hope this helps

1 - 20 of 32 Posts