21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
shouldnt do,I have a predator and I still pull the fuse

·
Registered
225 Posts
It does seem silly you have to pull a fuse every week to turn it back into a beast... Sounds to me like adaptive technology is not ideal after all.

In my recently retired 80's technology muscle car everything was mechanical/vacuum operated. You could set things up like trans shift firmness and revs plus engine fuel/timing for both good drive experience/economy AND performance when required. I don't see why fully electronic/computer controls can't do the same.

I am getting the feeling adapative systems are not ideal. Sure I might drive like a granny in day to day driving, but when I want to floor it I shouldnt have to pull a fuse just because the past weeks drive to work in busy traffic didn't involve WOT!

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
it is silly and so is what i did last night,it was dark and I needed t pull my fuse,so I pulled into a dimmly lit layby,pulled the fuse waited 15 secs popped it back in,car wouldnt turn over!!,wtf!!,checked the fuse,I only put it in the vacant 13 fuse holder,doh.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Is fuse 11 located in the trunk for the older 2005 300c models? That's the only fuse 11 that I see.
If you have a 2005, it is fuse 11 in the engine compartment. Look again, there is a fuse 11.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
I never noticed any difference by pulling the fuse in my SRT8. It's a different fuse (Fuse 2) for the 2008 models. It's much easier just to go out and hammer the throttle to reset the adaptives. I do this everyday! Why go to all the trouble of pulling the fuse? I can tell that from my experiences the adaptives learn VERY quickly! Yes, it's a bummer when you get stuck in traffic, but just go find a country road and have some fun. That's my .02 for how to reset the adaptives.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
It does seem silly you have to pull a fuse every week to turn it back into a beast... Sounds to me like adaptive technology is not ideal after all.

In my recently retired 80's technology muscle car everything was mechanical/vacuum operated. You could set things up like trans shift firmness and revs plus engine fuel/timing for both good drive experience/economy AND performance when required. I don't see why fully electronic/computer controls can't do the same.

I am getting the feeling adapative systems are not ideal. Sure I might drive like a granny in day to day driving, but when I want to floor it I shouldnt have to pull a fuse just because the past weeks drive to work in busy traffic didn't involve WOT!
It is what it is, my wife can drive my SRT with no problems because of it. We can hope they perfect engine electronics in the future, but for now we can thank government safety regulations for the changes...

·
Registered
2 Posts
1) With ignition off...under hood,pull. fuse 11

2) Turn key to on position wait for dash lights to clear as well as ALL chimes..

3) turn key as if starting car and hold in that position until car chimes once.

4) turn key to off position

5) Repeat steps 2 & 3 wait for chime again...then turn key to off position

6) replace fuse 11

7) with key in off position wait 5-10 seconds

8) Start car like you normally do

9) Find somewhere you can allow car to cycle through shifts while stepping on gas and keeping gas pedal all the way down until it does so.

10th) Enjoy

·
Registered
444 Posts
Or, you can buy a quality scanner and reset the adaptives as often as you want with it. A better way yet is to pick up a Mopar Performance Transmission Control Module (MTCM or MPTCM). The stock TCM is always behind the curve on your driving style and it can take up to 10 minutes of "spirited" driving for the adaptive table to readjust. The MPTCM is "more logic based rather than torque sensing based" like the stock unit. The MPTCM, unlike the "soccer mom" stock TCM, is also set up for quicker/firmer shift qualities. I have an MPTCM in my somewhat modified 05 Hemi Magnum and one waiting to go into my 06 300CSRT8 I also use custom up/down shift schedules that I set up with an HP Tuner to further improve the shifts.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts