Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right spot for this post, if not please move and notify.

QUESTION: Are all challenger pumpkins LSD's????? I'm looking to swap mine out in my 06 SRT8 300c to get away from the peg leg. Found one local out of an 09 Chally with a 3.06 gear for $600. But they couldn't tell me if it was an LSD. If buying a NEW Wavetrac or Quaife is the best thing to do that's fine too. I could care less about the money but I onely want to spend it once.

As usual any light shed on this problem is greatly appreciated.

Also the car will have twin turbo's soon.

·
Registered
32 Posts
looks like you are going to build big hp with a twin turbo. you are probably better off with a big rear end like a paramount set up.

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
no expert here, buy I think all srt's are lsd. I have a 300 c and will be getting a getrag 3.92 installed this week.
Nope... most of the gen 1 SRT cars have open diffs, the ESP system makes them appear to spin both rear tires...

You will want a 09+ 6spd challenger diff and axles to get the 3.06 gear ratio with the LSD option.

The newer 12-13 gen 2 SRT cars also run LSD...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
156 Posts
The 2010 300 SRT8 has the Getrag LSD diff as well. I think this was the first year the 300 SRT8 received the LSD. So if you can find a wrecked '10 300 to pull one from that would work as well.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
^^^^ Correct ^^^^ plus you'll need to modify the driveline coupler as the bolt situation is different.

With a TT setup, my thought is a Getrag or Richmond gear set with DSS axles. I don't believe that the stock hub couplings on the halfshafts from the OEM LSD will hold up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Think I'm going to go with a Quaife(QDF9V2) unit. Then just upgrade my axles and hubs after the turbo install. From what HHP has told me This is the way to go. IDK guess we'll see

·
Registered
650 Posts
The newer 12-13 gen 2 SRT cars also run LSD...
Which will also swap into a 1st gen. I have a 12 getrag on my car.

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Premium Member
6,058 Posts
^ yep and they will handle 600hp with hardened shafts...see no point to an expensive quaife unit... I mean by all means it wooo work great and tolerate whatever you throw at it...but I'm just not sure I'd go that way myself (well actually I didn't! Lol)...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: FASTINFLORIDA

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My understanding is that MY09 on SRT8 300's came with the Gertrag LSD, you need the matching 3 lug driveshaft and half shafts as well. I believe the later half shafts are much stronger than the early ones too. It's very eash to check for the presence of the LSD, just raise the rear off the ground and turn one rear wheel, if it's LSD the other one will turn in the same direction otherwise it will go in the opposite direction for an open centre.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts