Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got home from the track and still have a grin from ear to ear :)

I called in to see Steve on Friday and he spent 3 hours setting me up with a tune that included all his latest tricks. He also loaned me a set of his drag radials. Off I headed having fun with the new tune making my car pull harder than ever before and really looking forward to hitting the track :)

Well tonight was well worth it. I have had my heart set on a 13 second pass for a while now and when my first run of the night was 14.000 my heart fluttered.....tonight was the night. The start of the night was slow 1 hour before my first run and then another hour before my second I was about to give up after three runs and still not hitting the mark. Mind you all three runs were better than my previous PB.

Then Steve gave me a call and asked me to try a couple of things and report back. I went off and carried out the tasks as instructed and reported bak to the master :) Now we had time for one more run. Steve gave me step by step instructions of what he wanted me to do. Off I headed to join the staging lanes. After yet another delay for oil on the track it was finally go time. I moved out and setup for my burnout...just a short and sweet burnout and then into stage. I brought the revs up a bit and then off I went hurtling down the track and over the finish line. It felt good but only the time slip would tell the story. I headed up to the tower and waited for my time slip....there was a delay....I started to worry it wasn't coming and then there it was.....13.895 @ 99.45....finally I have cracked into the 13's :)

So what do you need to get a 13.895 in a 5.7?

No you don't need extractors, cam and torque convertor. All you need is:

RDP CAI
RDP Cats-back exhaust
RDP Custom Tune
Nitto DRs (on loan from RDP)
Instruction from the master (RDP Steve)
A driver capable of following basic instructions (Me)

Thanks again Steve for taking time out of your busy day to set me up with a great tune and then taking time out of your weekend/night to give me some pointers on the art of Drag Racing. Yet again you have proved yourself :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Didnt take much to go deep into the 13's

Cool Feb. night at Houston Raceway Park, my mods are Diablosport 93 with CAI tune, K&N cold air intake, magnaflow muffler only, both resonators removed in rear. Stock 18inch tires car ran consistent 13.36, 13.42, 13.45 I knew car had to run very well b/c I just got red of a 04 GTO with similar stuff done automatic the 300C felt faster to me so I knew it would be good.

·
Registered
465 Posts
what kind of psi were you running in your rear wheels? i know in my stang, i would drop to like 15 psi for the rear for more traction off the line. good job on your 13 sec pass. it sets the standard for all those wanting to do the same thing one day

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was running between 15 and 20 psi. The pressure tester I have isn't very easy to use :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just scanned in my timeslip from the other night. Just noticed that there was 93% humidity when I ran!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts