Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from the track and still have a grin from ear to ear :)

I called in to see Steve on Friday and he spent 3 hours setting me up with a tune that included all his latest tricks. He also loaned me a set of his drag radials. Off I headed having fun with the new tune making my car pull harder than ever before and really looking forward to hitting the track :)

Well tonight was well worth it. I have had my heart set on a 13 second pass for a while now and when my first run of the night was 14.000 my heart fluttered.....tonight was the night. The start of the night was slow 1 hour before my first run and then another hour before my second I was about to give up after three runs and still not hitting the mark. Mind you all three runs were better than my previous PB.

Then Steve gave me a call and asked me to try a couple of things and report back. I went off and carried out the tasks as instructed and reported bak to the master :) Now we had time for one more run. Steve gave me step by step instructions of what he wanted me to do. Off I headed to join the staging lanes. After yet another delay for oil on the track it was finally go time. I moved out and setup for my burnout...just a short and sweet burnout and then into stage. I brought the revs up a bit and then off I went hurtling down the track and over the finish line. It felt good but only the time slip would tell the story. I headed up to the tower and waited for my time slip....there was a delay....I started to worry it wasn't coming and then there it was.....13.895 @ 99.45....finally I have cracked into the 13's :)

So what do you need to get a 13.895 in a 5.7?

No you don't need extractors, cam and torque convertor. All you need is:

RDP CAI
RDP Cats-back exhaust
RDP Custom Tune
Nitto DRs (on loan from RDP)
Instruction from the master (RDP Steve)
A driver capable of following basic instructions (Me)

Thanks again Steve for taking time out of your busy day to set me up with a great tune and then taking time out of your weekend/night to give me some pointers on the art of Drag Racing. Yet again you have proved yourself :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Jected's 2800 torque convertor sitting at RDP ready to go in the car :)

Hopefully that will get me a few more tenths of a second.

Apart from that plenty of practice....I am so addicted to the drag strip. My first run down the track was 29th July 2007 and since then I have had about 40 runs in 7 visits to the track :) Plenty more to come!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thats great man!! i really need to get to a 1/4 mile track. What was your 1/8 mile time?

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
Way to go, mate. I saw your picture on the starting line in another thread and your car looks fantastic. Damn good job!!

Moose.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats great man!! i really need to get to a 1/4 mile track. What was your 1/8 mile time?
Uhhmm I don't know....is 1.8 mile the same as 660ft? If so my best is 8.968 @ 79.48.

I will scann the timeslip in later today.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Uhhmm I don't know....is 1.8 mile the same as 660ft? If so my best is 8.968 @ 79.48.

I will scann the timeslip in later today.
That sounds about right.. good stuff man!!

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Justin Justin Justin......Well done my friend. You ave done well. Its a great feeling don't you think.

Word of warning though, 13.89 will never be good enough again. Its addictive and you will start chasing for more. Get that convertor in and hopefully you can go better again.

Once again mate congratulations and well done.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Wicked stuff Pus!
I'm tipping 3 months MAX .. before this is booked in for some forced induction!

The bug has bitten, its like the f--king plague :hypnotize

Cheers
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,290 Posts
it was a great pleasure last night to hear from you mate saying that you got your goal of a 13 and it wasn't just a 13 but a 13.8 well done mate, we'll get the convertor in next week and see if we can get 13.5's

·
Registered
561 Posts
Congrats PUS.
Well done. The times are falling. You gotta be happy with that! :biggrin::fing02:

I would like to know what Steve said? :lick:
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,300 Posts
Congrats PUS.

Cheers
I tell you what that famous Steve chat has now worked 2 from 2. Not only has it helped PUS, but back in Feb he gave me the "Chat" which then netted my new PB into the 12's after numerous runs in the 13's.

PUS you may need to update what got you into the 13's.

RDP Phone call & "Chat" (good for 2-3 tenths):) LOL
RDP CAI
RDP Cats-back exhaust
RDP Custom Tune

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Justin Justin Justin......Well done my friend. You ave done well. Its a great feeling don't you think.

Word of warning though, 13.89 will never be good enough again. Its addictive and you will start chasing for more. Get that convertor in and hopefully you can go better again.

Once again mate congratulations and well done.
Man I don't need the warning :) I am keen to get the converter in and see how we go :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wicked stuff Pus!
I'm tipping 3 months MAX .. before this is booked in for some forced induction!

The bug has bitten, its like the f--king plague :hypnotize

Cheers
Phil
I have been talking to Steve about this for a while.....just got to wait till my new job starts and I have an income again :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I tell you what that famous Steve chat has now worked 2 from 2. Not only has it helped PUS, but back in Feb he gave me the "Chat" which then netted my new PB into the 12's after numerous runs in the 13's.

PUS you may need to update what got you into the 13's.

RDP Phone call & "Chat" (good for 2-3 tenths):) LOL
RDP CAI
RDP Cats-back exhaust
RDP Custom Tune

I had it in the list as Instruction from the master :) But yeah you are right it should be featured futher up :)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Congrats PUS.
Well done. The times are falling. You gotta be happy with that! :biggrin::fing02:

Cheers
I sure am.....as the others have said though it is addictive and I will keep going back for more.

What he said was....."take the bloody handbrake off!!"

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it was a great pleasure last night to hear from you mate saying that you got your goal of a 13 and it wasn't just a 13 but a 13.8 well done mate, we'll get the convertor in next week and see if we can get 13.5's
Yeah man as you could probably tell on the phone I was pleased as punch!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Great times and excellent write up congrats.
cheers frank

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well done Pus!!!! Great time mate!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts