Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out at the track today doing some testing on my stock 300C before performing some suspension upgrades. I think I found the limits of the 300C's suspension.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I think the pavement is angled the wrong way and that there is nothing wrong with your suspension.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
Look like this tire is about to go off the rim :scared:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Only 30?! Was that a 90 degree right or a full out u-turn? I've done full-out u-turns at almost 20 and got about 27-28mph on a 90 degree right :]

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Impressive amount of body roll, but when you consider the state of the wheels, holy crap! So, 300C racers have to worry more about their wheels stripping from the rim than rolling the whole thing.

Out of curiosity, was there any tire scream during that turn, or just suicidal amounts of grip?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Impressive amount of body roll, but when you consider the state of the wheels, holy crap! So, 300C racers have to worry more about their wheels stripping from the rim than rolling the whole thing.

Out of curiosity, was there any tire scream during that turn, or just suicidal amounts of grip?
Not a lot of screaming, the tire was chaterings. Not good.

For the comment above, they are stock 18s

·
Registered
2 Posts
Only 30?! Was that a 90 degree right or a full out u-turn? I've done full-out u-turns at almost 20 and got about 27-28mph on a 90 degree right :]
I took the photo while we were doing testing on a 90-foot skidpad. Unfortunately, we didn't have room for the standard 200-foot skidpad, so we made due with what we had. It was interesting to see what it was capable of.

I'm excited to take a similar photo after we make the suspension modifications. There should be a noticeable improvement.

Eric

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Not a lot of screaming, the tire was chaterings. Not good.

For the comment above, they are stock 18s
:yikes:

I didn't actually know what a skidpad was until now XD

90' huh? Wow. Considering the car's turning circle is just under 39ft, I'm actually not sure what to make of it. I wanna say it IS akin to trying to make a u-turn at 30mph ;)

Either way interesting, I guess I have pushed the limits before on them right turns ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Off subject but I love your 85 Camaro! I'm finishing up a 91 Z28 'Vert with a 383......sorry, as you guys were saying?
I appreciate the kind words. Thanks!

I tried to include a photo of it in this post, but it says I can't until I have four posts (weak!). I'll try again after a while...

Eric

1 - 13 of 13 Posts