Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've driven my 300C 8,000 miles in four months. It's a 2007 that I purchased with 18,000 miles on it (obviously now has 26,000).

I've had twinges of mileage being important. In reading forums I can read how proud people are to have cars with low mileage. My wifes gold 2002 Dream Cruiser has 50,000 miles on it (not bad for 6 years). I will average somewhere around 25,000 per year on my car.

I want to enjoy my driving. It's my job to keep up with the maintenance on my "C". My Town Car had 184,000 when I got rid of it for the "C". Sure, I don't particulalrly get excited knowing I'm putting miles on my baby, but it's still a car with a purpose. The "C" makes all of those miles so enjoyable.

Bottom line: I will drive my car and maybe trade off some driving with the PT Cruiser, but for the most part, I will not get bogged down with how many miles go on my "C".

·
Registered
683 Posts
The way I see it, I bought my car to enjoy and I get the most enjoyment out of driving it so I don't really worry about the miles. The people that have low miles on their cars probably enjoy looking at their car and keeping it clean and doing some mods. I've been moding as much as I can but since it's my daily driver I have to do mods that can be completed in a weekend. As long as you enjoy your car thats the only thing that matters.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
I'm not too concerned, although now that the Heritage Edition is25+ months old and already at 30k+ miles, we will try to keep it down through year end. Got a lifetime powertrain warranty though... so not too concerned.

The MSRT8 is now 15 months old and has just passed 13k miles... so it's pretty much on track.

How can you enjoy them if you don't drive them. Didn't buy 'em to be museum pieces or garage queens/studs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Put over `11,000 on mine in 5 months. I am enjoying driving this car and satisfied with it as far as mileage. Using the EVIC (somewhat inaccurate I believe) I have average 22.4 mpg for the last 4400 miles. Realize that most of it is Interstate driving, but it is decent mileage for a car this size.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The way I see it I'll probably be into a second engine or tranny or both when I'm done paying my baby off. I'm putting about 3000 miles a month on mine and sometimes I worry about how many miles I put on her but I like driving too much too stop.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
i just drive.. i dont look at the accumulated miles. this is why i purchased a car.. so i can drive it whenever i want, wherever i want, however i want. i used to lease, and had to worry about going over the miles, etc etc.

·
Registered
286 Posts
My car is still under 6K after 17 months of owenership. However, I didn't keep the mileage down on purpose.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Love driving this thing! Since March 16, 2006 put on 71,500 miles, never missed a beat! Should have 160,000 miles by this time two years!

·
Registered
436 Posts
i drive it as much a possible, but its a daily driver and currently has 11k miles and its just about 2 years old haha yeah grandma doesnt drive a whole lot but it gets run about everyday.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I love driving my car and its my daily driver. Maybe if I were leasing I'd be concerned but since I own mine I am not too concerned.

My car is just over 1 year old and just hit the 20k mark

·
Registered
771 Posts
A lot depends on how long you plan on keeping you vehicle. We trade about every two years and have found that lower milage is a plus when doing this.
The 06 SRT8 has 9475 miles on it and the 08 Charger RT which we got this past January has 2300 miles. Probably will be trading for an 09 Challenger this fall! If you plan on keeping it for a good while milage should not matter and enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i am leasing mine, i get rid of my cars every 2-3 years so its important to me to keep the mileage down so i dont kill the value when i get rid of it in the next couple years.

i have a jetta that i drive for work mostly, gets better gas mileage as i drive all over town for my job every day.

i have had my 300 since July 1, 2007. so about 10 months and i just cracked 10,000 miles yesterday.

i limit myself the first year and a half or 2 so that during the rest of the lease i have built up a "nest egg" of mileage and i can drive more freely.

but that's just me.

·
Registered
436 Posts
i didnt think of the people who trade often, i can see why the milage could be a problem. we allways keep them a good amounf of time 7-9 years allthough grandma said this is her last new car..i dont believe it..because she said that in 1999 about her Chrysler LHS!

i know with my 96 explorer i love seeing the miles rack on...i'm almost at 120k!! woot haha

·
Registered
194 Posts
I bought mine with 75K on the clock and I plan on putting at least another 100K on it without an engine or tranny rebulid so mileage makes no difference to me.

I did inspect the vehicle thoroughly and changed ALL of the fluids (engine oil flush / replace with synthetic), front and rear differntial flush and fill, coolant flush and fill with MOPAR coolant, transfer case flush and fill, tranny oil and filter change).

If you plan on keeping the car and driving it, changing CVs, brakes, rotors, struts, shocks should be expected.

Keeping the fluids fresh should keep you awayfrom major powertrain component changes. The 5.7L Hemi is one of Chrysler's highest quality engines. Be nice to it and it will take care of you! I'm not as high on the tranny but I plan on changing the oil again in 50-60K miles.

I guess it all boils down to what you bought the car for. Weekend crusies or daily long / short commutes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts