Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Quaife diff for my '07 SRT8.

I was planning on installing it myself, along with help from my very experienced professional driveline mechanic friends.
Nobody in my area has worked on these cars yet.

I bought the 5 volume DC service manual.
I am building the correct differential spreader to unload and re-load the carrier bearings.

I went to my DC dealer to look for parts for the job:
-axle seals
-carrier side bearings
-carrier side bearing retaining rings, in an assortment of thcknesses.
-ring gear bolts

He punched in my VIN into the parts computer and said that DC does not sell nor service the SRT8 rear end. It is flagged as "component replacement only."

Does anyone have the part numbers or a source to purchase these parts?

Help!

Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just bought a Quaife diff for my '07 SRT8.

I was planning on installing it myself, along with help from my very experienced professional driveline mechanic friends.
Nobody in my area has worked on these cars yet.

I bought the 5 volume DC service manual.
I am building the correct differential spreader to unload and re-load the carrier bearings.

I went to my DC dealer to look for parts for the job:
-axle seals
-carrier side bearings
-carrier side bearing retaining rings, in an assortment of thcknesses.
-ring gear bolts

He punched in my VIN into the parts computer and said that DC does not sell nor service the SRT8 rear end. It is flagged as "component replacement only."

Does anyone have the part numbers or a source to purchase these parts?

Help!

Dave
The diff is a Mercedes piece. You can probably get the parts from them if you can identify a compatible application. I believe it was used in the previous gen E Class. Sorry I dont know more, but a number of people on this forum have had them installed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you- yes, I was thinking of going that route, but I do need to find a correct model/year mercedes to order..

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Did you ever get this resolved?

I had my Quaife installed at High Horse Performance in Newark, Delaware last week and I'm really loving the difference, especially in the wet.

By the way, they did replace the carrier bearings.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quaife Install

Hi, thanks again for the responses.
I have not installed it yet- I sort of chickened out I guess!
I switched my focus on building a stroked turbo motor for my Buick GN instead.
I may do it in the future, we'll see.
D

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
Where and who has the best deals on the Quaife diff?
I bought mine at High Horse Performance in Newark, Delaware. Keep in mind that the price on their website includes some additional parts AND installation at their shop. If you want to check their pricing on a shipped unit without installation, I suggest giving them a call. Or just take a roadtrip like I did! :)

We're supposed to get 8" of snow today. I'll be putting on the winter wheels & Blizzaks in a couple of hours and can't wait for a chance to try out the new diff in winter conditions. Being able to get up the hill to our house in winter is the major reason I had this thing installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts