Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a Chrysler 300C a few weeks ago and I have no idea what this paticular turn knob is on the dash... it's right next to the key-slot... here is a pic of it... anybody help a brotha out??

Well, I tried to post a pic but I don't have enough posts of this board... but it's a black turn knob right next to the key slot.... :pat:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Welcome to the Forum as well. Introduce yourself in the new member area when you get a chance. Where in Texas are you?

As for the knob, I have no idea, I don't have on in my car. I say just crank it up and see what happens.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Dumb question but did you

1. buy it used :pat:
2. Is there a box in the trunk with speakers in it :wiggle:

3. how come i dont have a knob! :wtf:

other then that you may be the first with a knob :popworm:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dumb question but did you

1. buy it used :pat:
2. Is there a box in the trunk with speakers in it :wiggle:

3. how come i dont have a knob! :wtf:

other then that you may be the first with a knob :popworm:
yeah, bought it used... well, it had 11,000 miles on it... got it at a bank repot auction in houston, TX... whoever owned it put some **** on it... the wheels are unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Certainly not stock. Audio system? Turn off traction control mod? Arm left and right miniguns?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Don't know what it's for but I want one of those buttons. Your car looks real good, especially like the rims. Red is one of my favorite colors but Brilliant Black is faster..:biggrin: .

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah Iam gonna go with a bass cube ajustment knobb for an aftermarket stereo or sub woofer package. :dunno:
BTW : The Car looks awsome but Black really is faster :biggrin:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Wow you are on the other end of the state from me. I'm probably closer to the Florida guys. LOL

Does the knob turn like a stereo knob or does it do a hard click like a selector knob. You have anything in the trunk or in the boot besides the spare? Maybe could be for some cutouts as well. The possibilities are endless.

·
Premium Member
4,455 Posts
Whoever did this was clearly evil.

If we ever have to sell the 300 I'm going to take that exact spot, drill a hole there, and mount a red button on the dash. It probably wouldn't be connected to anything, it'd just be there to drive the next owner insane. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Definately a Bond, "James Bond" button. If is not audio related, maybe an extra security kill switch for the ignition? Can you see if it has anything connected to it? :confused: Otherwise, I'm goin with Rob on the miniguns assumption.:AR15firin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll run out there and see if it is connected to anything but I looked in the trunk and in the spare tire well and no subwoofer... it is just a little dial that turns left and right... kind of like a dimmer switch or something you would think. dunno!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
it may have had lights and that could have been a dimmer switch or regular switch to turn on some undercarriage lights.

i doubt it was a gain switch unless he was that hard core with his stereo.

you will probably never know unless you can trace a wire to somewhere.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hmm... I would say it is an amp gain knob... other than that I would have to ask what is it with you boys always wanting play with your knobs? Go ahead turn it up, see what happens... maybe you should polish it...

on another note, I bought an old ford LTD, with a NOs set up once, found the hidden switch in the ash tray (back when cars still came with them-instead of the "storage trays they have now.) most of the plumbing and set up was there, stopped at the fire wall and ran to the trunk sans bottle, nozzles and all were pushed up in the wheel well area... they must swapped out the engine before selling it cause the block I saw had no signs (plugs or threading points) to tell me different...

either way, good luck and hope you have fun discovering and playing with your knob...

·
Registered
913 Posts
It's a webcam disguised as a small black knob.
THEY are watching your every move !

1 - 20 of 30 Posts