Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Heres my problem with my SRT8. I have the mopar cai and i love the way it sounds, BUT sometimes wen i give it WOT the sound goes away usually in first gear. Is it bc im not going fast enough and it has no air/wind to suck in? I know that with such a powerful engine the rpm goes up real fast too. im confused. Anybody else have this happen?

·
Registered
903 Posts
This car is so picky, it needs to be tuned to the CAI. I went through 2 cais (the mopar first) and got rid of them prior to tuning because they made it run worse. Now with the diablo it is tuned to the cai and I have 40+ hp more than stock.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
The on/off sound of the Mopar CAI is one of the reasons I switched back to the stock box. I disliked that the sound would not stay consistent through the RPM ranges. I also didn't like the idea of having to clean and oil the CAI.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Not having any problems with mine but I have the Predator tune!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Try getting an AFE-2 CAI. It roars all the way to redline (in any gear, even without the Predator), and sounds much better than the Mopar.

·
Premium Member
10,769 Posts
DaveW68 said:
Try getting an AFE-2 CAI. It roars all the way to redline (in any gear, even without the Predator), and sounds much better than the Mopar.
Same is true for the Air Hammer!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This car is so picky, it needs to be tuned to the CAI. I went through 2 cais (the mopar first) and got rid of them prior to tuning because they made it run worse. Now with the diablo it is tuned to the cai and I have 40+ hp more than stock.
How much would Diablo with cmr tune set me back?

·
Registered
903 Posts
How much would Diablo with cmr tune set me back?
It depends where you live. In So Cal there are a bunch of dyno shops that will sell the diablo and dial it in to your car for about $450. Some shops will charge about $125-$150 just to dial it in on the dyno. IMO a cmr isn't needed unless you have a different cam than stock. My 40 hp was done with just the handheld adjustments and I've never seen anyone with a cmr tune make more (or even the same).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It depends where you live. In So Cal there are a bunch of dyno shops that will sell the diablo and dial it in to your car for about $450. Some shops will charge about $125-$150 just to dial it in on the dyno. IMO a cmr isn't needed unless you have a different cam than stock. My 40 hp was done with just the handheld adjustments and I've never seen anyone with a cmr tune make more (or even the same).
Ok cool. Yea i dont have any other mods yet and probably only plan to get blastin bobs pipes and the 180 thermostat. So its ok for me to get a diablo and do it myslef w/o the tune? If so how much would that be? oh yeah i live in san antonio tx.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Ok cool. Yea i dont have any other mods yet and probably only plan to get blastin bobs pipes and the 180 thermostat. So its ok for me to get a diablo and do it myslef w/o the tune? If so how much would that be? oh yeah i live in san antonio tx.

if you wanna make the trek to fort worth, there is a shop here that i got mine tuned at.
$400 for the CMR tune if you already have predator.
$650 for both predator and CMR tune.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I had the diablo for 2-3 months before getting it tuned and loved it. $400 for the tune alone sounds kinda steeep to me. I paid $125 for the dyno and adjustments and got 390/396 hp/tq up from 354/351 hp/tq stock. Just on the handheld adjustments and with only a K&N cai and the 180 tstat (stock exhaust).

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I had the diablo for 2-3 months before getting it tuned and loved it. $400 for the tune alone sounds kinda steeep to me. I paid $125 for the dyno and adjustments and got 390/396 hp/tq up from 354/351 hp/tq stock. Just on the handheld adjustments and with only a K&N cai and the 180 tstat (stock exhaust).

those are good numbers, i didnt have much luck trying to do it myself and ran out of patience, didnt have a dyno that would be that cheap either, so i just took it to the shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts