Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 300C on 6/29 from my local dealer. Last I checked I was still in BX. I put down a $500 deposit for the car on my credit card, but I don't have an invoice or a sales agreement or anything like that. Basically just a spoken agreement at this point.

Another dealer in my area called me today and said they have two cars coming in tomorrow that are very similar to what I want. If I decide to buy one of those cars, should I be able to get my deposit back from the original dealer? What has been your experience with this? Thanks,

matts

·
Registered
68 Posts
You should be able to get deposit back because if they don't have the actual car in their lot you haven't purchased it. For any dealer to sell you a car it must be on their lot regardless of what they might say. A few years ago Lincoln pre-sold out the blackwood pickup. They couldn't fill in the orders quickly enough. The vehicle came out much later than planned and many folks got their money back. The end result was that the vehicle did not sell well afterwards.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Deposit

Did you sign a "Order Vehicle Agreement?"
I did, but my salesman said I could get out of it, if I wanted to back out and complained to the manager.
I look at the document as a contract locking me into the "C" in case they try to charge me more for the car when it arrives. I also have a copy of the"VON." document.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
matts said:
I ordered a 300C on 6/29 from my local dealer. Last I checked I was still in BX. I put down a $500 deposit for the car on my credit card, but I don't have an invoice or a sales agreement or anything like that. Basically just a spoken agreement at this point.

Another dealer in my area called me today and said they have two cars coming in tomorrow that are very similar to what I want. If I decide to buy one of those cars, should I be able to get my deposit back from the original dealer? What has been your experience with this? Thanks,

matts
Tell the new dealer your predicament and see if he knows or can suggest a solution. If he really wants the sale, he might be willing to knock $500 off the price if you lose your $500 deposit.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just after I ordered and put down a $500 deposit I found another dealer who had a car in stock. Didn't have the features I wanted and turned it down. However this Southern Calif. dealer told me that it's illeagal in CA not to refund a deposit. This is a scare tatic that the users are using to prevent customers from placing orders with multiple dealers. Matts check with the dealer who has the cars coming in and find out the real scoop.

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
Any respectable dealer (an oxymoron?) will refund your deposit and in many states it's the law. Worst case scenario, get your credit card company (Visa) involved. Regardless, you should get the other to knock off as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts