Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been on mod overtime lately trying to get ready for the car show fathers day weekend( i havent even posted pics of any recent mods like halo projectors, phantom grill, faux glass top, alpine dvd and headrest monitor and ps2/ ipod install....im slackin.
the last thing i want to get done is tint my tails but in this weak ass town i live in the only can i could find was VHT niteshades SMOKE color now im wandering if this is what people use will it come out black or grey lookin. if anyone knows that would be great. i need to know asap so i can try to get another one shipped if i need to.
if its not going to come out black then maybe someone knows a vendor who can deliver to southern oregon in the next3 days. thanks all

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
wsup Wrek. People have used this and the more you spray the darker they get. I'm sure it's smoke colored but if you were to spray x amount of layers it'll get as dark as black, don't think it'll come out black.

You got a PM.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I used this on mine a while back before I sold them, the key is to sand lightly between sprays with about 2000 grit.I wouldnt go more than 2 layers otherwise its too dark. Also make sure you get a "automotive" clear coat and not some crummy kind. If you want a dull chocky look dont use the clearcoat, but if you want a glossy finish use a couple layers of the clear coat over the nightshades and also sand between each layer lightly.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I used this on mine a while back before I sold them, the key is to sand lightly between sprays with about 2000 grit.I wouldnt go more than 2 layers otherwise its too dark. Also make sure you get a "automotive" clear coat and not some crummy kind. If you want a dull chocky look dont use the clearcoat, but if you want a glossy finish use a couple layers of the clear coat over the nightshades and also sand between each layer lightly.
I DID THE SAME THING AND THE FOLLOWING DAY WAX THEN TOO AND ALSO AFTER 4 WEEKS I WAX THEN AGAIN...GOOD LUCK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts