Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im ready to buy a set of these but was wondering what did you mean by these dont have the beveled edges ? What is that anyway. Also are these real shiney or are they kind dull looking ? I had saw somebody with a set that looked like foil. I mean they was so bright they looked horriable. I want mines to look kindy chrome but dull @ the sametime. Anyway please get back to me on this asap. I perfer buying from yous but if I dont here back soon i'll just buy a set from Ebay.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh so yous dont even have those in stock ? In your opinion which of the 2 you sell are better. I dont wanna deal with the wind noise.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The ones we sell the most of are the non-beveled style. We have had no issues with wind noise with these. They have a polished look, sort of a chrome finish, but not the foil looking finish.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah those are the ones I want. Im not that big of a fan of those foil looking ones. I think they to damn shiny. Also I remember Jeff telling me that those dont have the wind noise like the E&G's. btw Ted what the hell does beveled & non bebeled means ? I know you posted a pic but i've no clue on whats that.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Beveled means that the edges are cut at an angle, rather than a square cut. This does give a nice appearance, and an additional process in manufacturing, meaning that they cost more too. This of it like an old mirror, the outer edges on many were beveled.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So if I want to order these how do I go about doing so & how long will it take me to get them.

·
Banned
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also Ted how much are the chrome 300 mirrors ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
If I was a betting man, they all will produce wind noise.. See, the sticky tap is NOT on the edges of the pillars.. Its towards the centers.. You have 2 strips.. Well, the wind is hitting those strips.. In order to kill wind noise, I believe people have either :

1. Put silicon in the groove between the edge and the tape, or

2. Put 3m tape on the edge of the pillar facing the front..

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts