Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to search around and couldn't find a solid answer. I'm stationed in Al Asad, Iraq right now so I didn't want to make a mistake and order an order the wrong set of tail lights. My wife doesnt know much, you guys know how that goes.

But thank you for your help tho.

I have a 2006 Touring, and just looking for the SMOKED LED, plug in play. I've heard of some complications about wiring problems, etc. Or the signal is the same as the break light. Have they fixed the issue as of yet? Or still having. I heard K2 was a good company to order from so I was gong to go with them.

05-07 CHRYSLER 300 LED TAIL LIGHTS - RED / SMOKE
This Item Eligible For Free UPS Domestic Ground Shipping!

Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days

LT-30005RGLED-YD
Regular price: $379.99
Sale price: $165.95

05-07 CHRYSLER 300C TOURING SRT-8 LED TAIL LIGHTS - SMOKE / RED
This Item Eligible For Free UPS Domestic Ground Shipping!

Availability: Usually ships in 3-4 business days

LT-300C05RGLED-YD
Regular price: $379.99
Sale price: $179.95

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My question is which one will fit the touring model. You would think #2 would, but if you click it, it says it fits ALL 300C models.

So #1 is that the correct one?

Hopefully K2 could clarify this up for me. Thank you.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Looks like the first one is the correct one.

The Base, Touring, and limited models are the same. 300c and SRT8 are different.

I don't have these but I'm sure someone with them will chime in.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just purchased the smoked led tails from K2 Motors. You need to buy the 300 ones. Not the C or SRT.

I'll post pics up asap.

Very easy to install. Swapped a few bulbs, took about 10 mins to install.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I went ahead and purchase the lights on Friday. You had to buy new bulbs?

Just want to make sure my wife has everything, so when she takes it to the shop to get that installed, she won't run to any problems.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have them for my 300, no need to get new bulbs... just take the back up and running light out of the old ones and put into the new housing. The led protion is only on top. The rest is backlit by the old style bulb an the reverse is the same.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I definately appreciate it. I finally got a response back from K2 when I emailed them. In Iraq we are pretty much a day ahead of everybody in the states, so they probably had he weekend off.

I went ahead and bought them, so i'm definately excited for the new look my car will start to have.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well I definately appreciate it. I finally got a response back from K2 when I emailed them. In Iraq we are pretty much a day ahead of everybody in the states, so they probably had he weekend off.

I went ahead and bought them, so i'm definately excited for the new look my car will start to have.

Yea bro, the led's set the 300 off like no other. Give it a more expensive look to the car. lol

·
Registered
116 Posts
Here is a pic of the smoked ones on my baby....

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is there any didfernt wiring that has to be done to run LED?
Doesn't sound like it according to post #6. He said you just swap 2 of your old bulbs into the new housing and then hook them up. Plus the original poster had said he heard good things about K2 being a company that didn't have the issues with wiring.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
the ones on the pic posted are for the C, if u buy those you have to rewire to work right. I know cause i have the same ones, I rewired mine at the fuse box so the rear blinkers work with the front blinkers.

I know theres another way to do it, but in my opinion this is the best way because they work like the C ( they have a separate blinker at the rear).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The head lights are plug-n-play. No kind of re-wiring needed, unless you WANT to. I have no problems in having my break lights being the signal lights as well.

So if you want them to be different, then re-wiring is an option.

Here are some pictures for those that were curious how bright they were on a NON-300c. These are pictures directly from my 2006 Touring, they are bright enough when break is not being applied. The breaks are NOT being applied in any of these pictures, even in the night time photos. I'm working on getting some pictures on with the break light being applied. Im in Iraq right now, so i'm having the wife take these photos you see now.

Hope these photos help, all that were in question.

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are 3 photos, to distinguish between having no lights on, having the lights on(but no break lights) and having the break light applied so you can see the difference between each stage.

Its noticeable enough not to get pulled over, trust me. Any other questions, let me know.

FYI: Since i'm not there taking the pictures, she had to turn on her emergency lights so you guys can get an idea of how it will look in each stage. Hence the reason why the break light in the rear windshield is not on, if you guys noticed that.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Thanks Spartaa, youve been a great help on this :)

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Spartaa, do you have a C rear bumper? or did you remove the touring trim and add the C trim?
I have a stock bumper from a Touring, and the trim is still there. I was going to have the body shop remove the trim and fill the holes but I decided not to. They painted over it, so it was flush.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts