Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gary,

I saw on the bottle of your tire dressing it says overspray won't hurt the paint but what's your opinion on the SRT rims? I used the dressing today for the first time but as with most spray bottle items, I'm quite messy and pretty much got it all over the inside of the rim. I then spent quite a bit wiping it off the rim (not the tire) just in case. Should I bother (for both the rim's sake and the sake of cleanliness) and is there a better way to not overspray so much a rookie like me could try? Thanks!!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Easy little trick. Just cut out a 20" circle out of cardboard. MAke a handle in the center with a knob or pull handle. Then when you spray on the tire juice, hold the cardboard circle so as to cover the rim. No more overspray!

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a great friggin idea... simple but effective, and I have boxes all over the place. Gonna try that, thanks! I kinda figured I couldn't go wrong wiping it off but thought I'd ask the man himself as an fyi. (And I feel a little better that everyone oversprays.. thought I was just a slob! ;) )

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have noticed that if you don't use a shield (cardboard or whatever) that the brake dust collects on the overspray much faster than on a clean wheel.

I have an old garbage can lid that is the exact right size. It has a handle too!

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Easy little trick. Just cut out a 20" circle out of cardboard. MAke a handle in the center with a knob or pull handle. Then when you spray on the tire juice, hold the cardboard circle so as to cover the rim. No more overspray!
That is a great tip. I know what you mean about overspray on the wheels. Thanks for sharing your tip! :fing02:

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
Nice suggestions everyone! I also prefer not to get that overspray on my rims and have found it very useful and non-messy to use those curved-to-fit tire dressing sponges that can then be thrown away since they are fairly inexpensive. Simply spray the tire dressing directly onto the sponge!

bruno

Attachments

·
Registered
14,781 Posts
Nice suggestions everyone! I also prefer not to get that overspray on my rims and have found it very useful and non-messy to use those curved-to-fit tire dressing sponges that can then be thrown away since they are fairly inexpensive. Simply spray the tire dressing directly onto the sponge!

bruno
I’ve seen them used on Overhaulin during one of their “cleaver product placement” portions touting Armorall. :D

·
Premium Member
10,829 Posts
I’ve seen them used on Overhaulin during one of their “cleaver product placement” portions touting Armorall. :D
I must have missed those episodes! Regardless, you should try them because they make the application so simple and non-messy!

I don't know if Gary sells them but I have purchased them from auto supply stores and I think from Target. The website that I copied the picture from sells a dozen of them for $5.00. I couldn't find the shipping cost, though....It would bother me if the shipping cost more than the light-weight sponges!

bruno

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Guys, you gotta try the Meguire's squeeze bottle gel. It is purple and smells so delightful. I wasted a little in the trunk and it smells so good when i open it now :lick:
I use those hand held sponge thingies mentioned earlier, and just wipe the gel on the tires. I thought they were just exaggerating when they said it doesnt fly off the tires, but it really doesnt...and stays shiny for days. I never seen a tire gel last so long!! i got it at autozone for like $5-6.

Does anybody else use this stuff??

·
Registered
558 Posts
oops, sorry Gary for the thread hijack. i thought this thread was in the wheels forum...
Wake&Bake: It's not thread hijack when you recommend a different product that solves the problem. I've used the Meguiar's Endurance Satin dressing for ten years. That purple gel is spread on a specially shaped foam applicator. It's "S" shaped so it perfectly fits into the groove between the tire and the rim, and when you turn it around, perfectly sculpts to the outside edge of the tire. The low shine finish is real classy and the gel application lasts for weeks of washes and rainstorms.

.....ah American engineering!

Gold Classâ„¢ Endurance® G7410 Product Information

1 - 14 of 14 Posts