Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have the "Kicker" Sound System Option selected on your Order Sheet?

My Dealer says this option is responsible for the lapse into "BE" Status.

LJB :confused:

·
Registered
856 Posts
M3SMG02 said:
Do you have the "Kicker" Sound System Option selected on your Order Sheet?

My Dealer says this option is responsible for the lapse into "BE" Status.

LJB :confused:
Yep. But based on RT's info from yesterday, it doesn't much matter since there will be no allocation this month.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kicker system will put you in BG, because of lack of parts.
BE means "error", there is something wrong with the order.
Because the SRT-8 is so simple (4 options, 2 colors) there really can't be something wrong with an order, so I'm chalking that up to a computer system mistake. My (former) dealership's order went from BE back to BG a few days ago, so I don't think it's a problem.
RT

·
Registered
856 Posts
Just got off the phone with DC. They say I went from BE back to BG as of yesterday, 3/8. I did order the Kicker.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I just called, I'm in BG as well......more waiting I guess :(

·
Registered
856 Posts
Rebel78 said:
I just called, I'm in BG as well......more waiting I guess :(
Until at least the first week of April unfortunately. And then we still have to hope that A) DCX opens allocation back up. B) That the dealer has allocation. (that' my concern anyway). C) Then who knows how long before production and delivery.

Oh well...I've decided to stop getting mental about it. When it happens, it happens. At least we know they exist 'for real' now. :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Dan SS2471 said:
B) That the dealer has allocation. (that' my concern anyway). C) Then who knows how long before production and delivery.
I feel pretty confident my dealer will get an allocation, I'm third in line behind the two "showroom" (aka, markup cars), I've got the only "sold" order in their order, so I'm hoping that will help out. But you aren't the only one worried about allocation, I'm gonna think about it until mine is in the garage ;)

Oh well...I've decided to stop getting mental about it. When it happens, it happens. At least we know they exist 'for real' now. :D
Exactly!!! Ain't it great?!?!? I'm excited that they're rolling out, and some of the lucky one are right here!

·
Registered
263 Posts
When mine went to be .. .it then progressed to ZA (cancelled)

I'm kind of bent out of shape .....

Why wouldn't Chrysler want to sell to dealers who have "actual orders"

I guess I'm just beating a dead horse .... but I was really hoping to have one in July .. now .. who knows ....

If any of you want to back out .... give me a ring! :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
If "actual orders" were given preference, then dealers would order fake "sold orders" to increase their allocation. This practice is why sold orders don't increase allocation, or get preference outside your own dealership.
BTW, you should add to your signature what you're looking to spend.
RT

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well, I realize that some dealers put in "fake" orders ... but there should be a way for Chrysler to actually "verify" them or something, to make sure they aren't bogus ....

As for spending .. well, I figured if I could just get them to call me ... we'd talk about it then .....

·
Registered
856 Posts
NEED4SPEED

I'm guessing that your original order was for an '05 and right around 2/7, was more than likely cancelled by your dealership(?) and never put back in as an '06. I ordered mine on 2/1 and found on 2/7 that it went ZA. I called DCX and finally spoke to the owner of the dealership who gave me my new VON# for the '06 which was re-placed on 2/11. He siad he had to cancel all of his orders and re-enter them. That's when I got the second VON# and went BA, then BE on 2/23, then back to BG earlier this week.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. You got in the game early and deserve to have at least a VIN by now.

Good luck.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yes, my first order was on January 11th, I had a VON for an 05 ... it went to BA status, then BG, the it was "restricted" (and now cancelled)

Called the dealer, they had already taken care of it, and I got a new VON for a 2006 ... I was tracking it weekly, and just recently ... 10-15 days ago or so, it went ZA (cancelled)

Dealer says that it will all "work out" ......

By the sounds of it, or looks of it ... I just don't have a valid order at all anymore ....

It just kind of sucks that I was probably one of the first hundred or two that actually put a deposit down ..... and I kind of get shafted .....

Oh well, I'll get over it at some point ....

·
Registered
856 Posts
need4speed said:
Yes, my first order was on January 11th, I had a VON for an 05 ... it went to BA status, then BG, the it was "restricted" (and now cancelled)

Called the dealer, they had already taken care of it, and I got a new VON for a 2006 ... I was tracking it weekly, and just recently ... 10-15 days ago or so, it went ZA (cancelled)

Dealer says that it will all "work out" ......

By the sounds of it, or looks of it ... I just don't have a valid order at all anymore ....

It just kind of sucks that I was probably one of the first hundred or two that actually put a deposit down ..... and I kind of get shafted .....

Oh well, I'll get over it at some point ....
Sounds like that dealer doesn't / is not getting allocation.

Sorry for your troubles. It'll work out in the end.

Dan

·
Registered
501 Posts
N4S, sorry bout that dude, I hope it all works out, I hope it works out for everybody.

I don't know if that's your home number or whatever, but I'd consider taking your phone number out of your sig, too many nutjobs and webcrawlers out there.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Sure dude, just posting an email brings spam from every direction lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts