Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to run 20's and wanted to ask for feedback from anyone who is running the 1.6" drop, how's the ride quality?

I had an 04 Hemi Durano, used there spring kit and it was terrible, so I am hesitant to use them again.

I know the Mopar springs will be out soon, but hey, I am getting antsi!

Thanks for your help

05HemiC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
I run 20's with the 1.6" drop without any problems. Ride is close to stock, just a little firmer/sportier which is what I like. IIRC Mopar springs will be manufactured by Eibach anyways, just not as much of a drop.

-Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
Hey 300C love, I think I asked you already, not sure..... so any rubbing at all? even during backing up and turning? speedbumps, quick turns... etc?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
kidcoastal said:
Hey 300C love, I think I asked you already, not sure..... so any rubbing at all? even during backing up and turning? speedbumps, quick turns... etc?

yes asked and answered before.. but no rubbing at all. just a little stiffer ride. but still a great ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
my question is if anybodyhas taken their car into an alignment shop and see how far out the camber was after the 1.6 inch drop. Was there one? And if so does the car's suspension has enough camber to correct it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you to all for answering.

That's a good question posed about alignment, if anyone has any experience with it I'd like to know as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
alignment shop told me that i was fine after lowering.... no work had to be done.... ride quality is almost stock..... maybe 5% worse...... no rubbing in the fenderwell......

BUT..... you better become afraid of speed bumps.... VERY afraid!!

you also should be weary of any dips in the road..... again, be VERY afraid.

you will scrap, slam, and makes lots of sparks if you don't slow down for these things.... no, i should take that back.....you better near stop and crawl over them.

but..... like i said, ride quality is good and looks.... well, i look at mine and say to myself.... it doesn't look lowered, then i see a stocker and say to myself..... mine looks like what the car should have looked like from the factory..... but the factory wants the car to look like a 4x4?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
More pics please

Black Hemi said:
I run 20's with the 1.6" drop without any problems. Ride is close to stock, just a little firmer/sportier which is what I like. IIRC Mopar springs will be manufactured by Eibach anyways, just not as much of a drop.

-Chris
Just wondering if you have any pictures of your car on various angles. I'm thinking of getting 20" wheels for my C with the 1.6" eibach springs.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
829 Posts
05HemiC said:
Thank you to all for answering.
That's a good question posed about alignment, if anyone has any experience with it I'd like to know as well.
The shop I used did a 4 wheel alignment after lowering. The Eibach instructions clearly state it is a requirement.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
2" Drop

Here's some newer pics of my C. Sorry for those of you that have seen them already! I just love this car!
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
BBC said:
Here's some newer pics of my C. Sorry for those of you that have seen them already! I just love this car!
WOW! Thats exactly how the car should sit. Good choice of wheels also...
Ok BBC give us the skinny.
1 - How hard is the ride -
2 - Any rubbing
3 - Do you crawl over pot holes/speed bumps etc.. scraping?
4 - is that eibach springs or other?
5 - 22 inch TIS right?
6 - anything else we should all know before we tackel this?

Thank VERY much for posting that. I havent seen it before.
KC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
kidcoastal said:
WOW! Thats exactly how the car should sit. Good choice of wheels also...
Ok BBC give us the skinny.
1 - How hard is the ride -
2 - Any rubbing
3 - Do you crawl over pot holes/speed bumps etc.. scraping?
4 - is that eibach springs or other?
5 - 22 inch TIS right?
6 - anything else we should all know before we tackel this?

Thank VERY much for posting that. I havent seen it before.
KC
Hey thanks for the thumbs up! I enjoy being part of this forum. I have learned alot from everyone here.

Here's the skinny...

1. I think the 2" springs are harder than the 1.6" I have never bottomed out driving on the roads in a fairly straight line. I have given up some of my comfort for the look.
2. YES! The outside of the tire was rubbing only in slow left and right turns. This was nothing serious though. You just learn how to drive it that way. I did have the inner fender rolled and both fenders painted. Since..no problems.
3. I don't crawl over pot holes ...the only issue is the speed bumps..I have bottomed out once or twice. I took a look under the car after and it hit the plastic gaurd. Pretty harmless....
4. Yup just 2" Eibach...I have thought of using the coilovers on the rear. Alot of people have talked about the wheel gap in the rear..even after lowering. I agree...it still could use at least another 1"
5. TIS was the only way to go for me...I loved the eight spokes...plus they had just developed a new wheel just for this car. I knew it would fit.
6. Well if you want factory ride...then don't lower your car and put 22's on it. But if you want a car that turns heads everywhere it goes....then get it on the ground and stuff some rubber bands around those rims.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
BBC said:
Hey thanks for the thumbs up! I enjoy being part of this forum. I have learned alot from everyone here.

Here's the skinny...

1. I think the 2" springs are harder than the 1.6" I have never bottomed out driving on the roads in a fairly straight line. I have given up some of my comfort for the look.
2. YES! The outside of the tire was rubbing only in slow left and right turns. This was nothing serious though. You just learn how to drive it that way. I did have the inner fender rolled and both fenders painted. Since..no problems.
3. I don't crawl over pot holes ...the only issue is the speed bumps..I have bottomed out once or twice. I took a look under the car after and it hit the plastic gaurd. Pretty harmless....
4. Yup just 2" Eibach...I have thought of using the coilovers on the rear. Alot of people have talked about the wheel gap in the rear..even after lowering. I agree...it still could use at least another 1"
5. TIS was the only way to go for me...I loved the eight spokes...plus they had just developed a new wheel just for this car. I knew it would fit.
6. Well if you want factory ride...then don't lower your car and put 22's on it. But if you want a car that turns heads everywhere it goes....then get it on the ground and stuff some rubber bands around those rims.....
BBC that Spoiler you have on the back where did you get it form?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
gshug said:
BBC that Spoiler you have on the back where did you get it form?
I got it at Wyckoff online.......It was color matched out of the box. I like the fact I have somewhere to grab when closing the trunk. It took about two minutes to install. Never had a problem.....Love it......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
BBC said:
I got it at Wyckoff online.......It was color matched out of the box. I like the fact I have somewhere to grab when closing the trunk. It took about two minutes to install. Never had a problem.....Love it......
what is it the 3m version it fits good? how much they hit up for it. and they carry all colors? can you give me the website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
Yeah it's the 3m version....It went on in no time....I don't remember what I paid...$250-275 I think.... It has been four months now. Here's the link

http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
BBC said:
Yeah it's the 3m version....It went on in no time....I don't remember what I paid...$250-275 I think.... It has been four months now. Here's the link

http://www.wyckoff-mopar-parts.com/
yeah i'm going to get one right now they look sweet hwo does it look in person. probably looks better
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
gshug said:
yeah i'm going to get one right now they look sweet hwo does it look in person. probably looks better
check this out tell me if you like this i think i want to buy this too
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
gshug said:
yeah i'm going to get one right now they look sweet hwo does it look in person. probably looks better
Personally I like it...I know it's not for everyone......It is purely cosmetic....
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top