Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bas anyone changed their stock exhaust tips out for some fancy one using the stock exhaust if so post some pictures an the brand thanks in advance

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
I used a double wall, slant cut pair. 2.5" inlet, 4.25" outlet, about 8" long. Sorry but I don't remember who made them or the part number.

They were welded on and the resonators were removed so we had to make up some pipe to make the connection.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I always like the sound and drone cancelling capabilities of the oem resonators. I have a modded exhaust upstream but I kept the stock resonators but removed the outer chrome tip and left the "knub" of approximately 2.5" to fit all sorts of tips.

I started with the largest oval that would fit in the stock opening: Brand: TriHybers from ebay.

I then took the plunge and cut the opening to start fitting the wider quad exhaust options.

First up was a 3.5" tip made for a 997 Porsche 911: Brand: QSC from ebay.

Next were some Porsche 991.2 single tips: Brand: OEM Porsche

Then some 4" quad tips: Brand: from Ebay

Then some 2008 Mercedes S600 tips. These fit great but my bumper openings were too big by then: Brand: OEM Mercedes

Finally my current setup which is 4.5" quad Corsa tips made for a C7 Corvette. Started with them chrome, but settled on black:

I kept everything non welded so that I can make the precise adjustments I needed to keep everything flush and tucked. Ideally you want a tip shorter than 8" so that it tucks flush with bumper. My first ones were not tucked as much but I got better over the years by modding the spacing and bringing in the exhaust some more.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I like those black Corsa tips.
Thanks! I saw them on a Jeep and I really liked them!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Currently Away From 300C Forum
19,565 Posts
I changed out my Magnaflow mufflers a few years ago for a slightly used Corsa catback. It has the single tips like the ones I had on the car but it sounds soooo much different.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm trying to get an idea for some nice exhaust tips since I was given a charger hellcat exhaust for free but had no tips so I'm looking for some stock exhaust tips of something aftermarket that looks good on a 300 srt8

·
Registered
596 Posts
I always like the sound and drone cancelling capabilities of the oem resonators. I have a modded exhaust upstream but I kept the stock resonators but removed the outer chrome tip and left the "knub" of approximately 2.5" to fit all sorts of tips.

I started with the largest oval that would fit in the stock opening: Brand: TriHybers from ebay.

I then took the plunge and cut the opening to start fitting the wider quad exhaust options.

First up was a 3.5" tip made for a 997 Porsche 911: Brand: QSC from ebay.

Next were some Porsche 991.2 single tips: Brand: OEM Porsche

Then some 4" quad tips: Brand: from Ebay

Then some 2008 Mercedes S600 tips. These fit great but my bumper openings were too big by then: Brand: OEM Mercedes

Finally my current setup which is 4.5" quad Corsa tips made for a C7 Corvette. Started with them chrome, but settled on black:

I kept everything non welded so that I can make the precise adjustments I needed to keep everything flush and tucked. Ideally you want a tip shorter than 8" so that it tucks flush with bumper. My first ones were not tucked as much but I got better over the years by modding the spacing and bringing in the exhaust some more.

They all look nice..what did you use to outline the bumper after you cut it?

·
Registered
174 Posts
They all look nice..what did you use to outline the bumper after you cut it?
Thanks! It's a flexible locking edge trim similar to the below:

Edge trim Black U extrusion medium size | U Height: 17/32", Grip range: 3/64" - 9/64" | PVC plastic edge protector (13 feet) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017XQFG0M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_IstICb49EP2Y0

If you finish it with sandpaper down to about 2000 grit and it's a nice cut, you may not even need it. I think it looks good with or without it.

·
Registered
596 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Where did you get the widened OEM rims from ?
I sent in a pair to Weldcraft located in Livonia, Michigan.

While on this topic, I changed up the tips again to Mopar square tips.

·
Registered
174 Posts
What all did you use to to make your bumper fit the quad tips
Nothing special, just a template, cut off wheel, 2" sanding drums and sandpaper to finish it off. I then added a locking edge trim to finish the edges.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts