Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.
Vehicle is a 2006 AWD 5.7
Normally I go to the dealer to get the oil changed as they usually E-mail me good coupons ($25-$30 for 7qts & filter)
After the oil change, when the car is in normal operating temperature the oil pressure (PSI) would be at 19-22PSI during Idle.
This past weekend I was about 200 miles overdue for the oil change and I noticed I didnt receive any coupons, so I decited to take it to a local place.
Everything appeared to go fine, but now that I'm checking I notice the PSI during idle doesnt go any lower than about 34PSI.
At first it was about 45-50PSI, then it would trickle down to no lower than 34.
I made sure they used the correct weight of oil (5W20).
Anyone know the actual correct PSI during idle when at normal operating temperature?

I'm starting to think I should just drain the oil myself and put in new oil..

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
34 does seem a bit high. Mine hangs around 22-25 psi at idle. That local place wasn't Jiffy Lube perchance? FWIW, I do my own changes. Then I know who did it and what was used. Save myself $20 or so and probably an hour of time.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
34 does seem a bit high. Mine hangs around 22-25 psi at idle. That local place wasn't Jiffy Lube perchance? FWIW, I do my own changes. Then I know who did it and what was used. Save myself $20 or so and probably an hour of time.
Ok, last night while sitting at a restaurant parking lot, i checked it again and it did go as low as 24PSI. So I guess everything is fine.
I may start doing it myself.
I just like taking it to the dealer as I can easily obtain the service record for oil changes if anything goes wrong. Plus the information is listed in the owner site on chrysler.com if you're registered

1 - 4 of 4 Posts