Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 300c ... on my navigation screen ... through POI I can enter a phone number ... but some numbers I can not complete ...
the last 2 or 3 numbers sometimes are grayed out .... any ideas??

Thanks .. you have a great forum here ...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 2008 300c ... on my navigation screen ... through POI I can enter a phone number ... but some numbers I can not complete ...
the last 2 or 3 numbers sometimes are grayed out .... any ideas??

Thanks .. you have a great forum here ...
It's not in the data base. The phone number has to be in there for it to come up. Since there is nothing that matches the rest of the number then it becomes grayed out. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thank you bjj ... I figured that was it but some times I am entering numbers of business that have been existed for years ... my Nissan has the same feature and I can enter many numbers that the Chrysler does not have ... as you can tell I use it quite often ... about 20 times a day ...

Thanks again ...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like the phone search feature but I sometimes wonder if the phone number is not updated and would take me to another address.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree ... what I do not understand it will allow me to enter 8 of the 10 numbers some times ... in other words I can enter 555-555-46 and then it will gray out ... so they are telling me that there are no numbers in the data base that match 100's of different matches for those two last numbers ...

I thought I was missing a step or two to look for the complete number ... that is the reason i opened this thread ... thanks guys

I really do like the 300c ... very nice car ...

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree ... what I do not understand it will allow me to enter 8 of the 10 numbers some times ... in other words I can enter 555-555-46 and then it will gray out ... so they are telling me that there are no numbers in the data base that match 100's of different matches for those two last numbers ...

I thought I was missing a step or two to look for the complete number ... that is the reason i opened this thread ... thanks guys

I really do like the 300c ... very nice car ...

I love my car too....the navigation unit does have it's faults though (mine especially not being a touch screen makes it difficult to enter anything).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Be forwarned: Don't trust the navigation. It sends me places that make no sense. The two choices- shortest or fastest both stink. I hope there is the possibility to reprogram this thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts