Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I purchased my 3rd car, a black 2005 300, in the same fasion I have always bought my cars, used from a chrysler dealer. The only problem is the previous owners abused the paint on the car! Im not sure if its brushing snow off, or using cheap, crappy soap brushes while washing the car, but the paint always shows circular, almost scrape like markings.

My question is, can I find an efficient way to buff those small scratches out, or is my only option to get a paint job? The scratches themselves are only visible under sunlight, and I really only seem to be the one to notice it, but I only want the best for my baby.

Any input appreciated!

·
Administrator
23,437 Posts
I'm going to refer you to the Detailing Discussion forum - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/detailing-discussion/. There's a ton of good information there. Look for threads by turbomangt specifically. He used to be a supporting vendor here and owned a detailing shop.

We now have another detailing vendor who offers some great products as well, Adams Car Care Products. I'd suggest posting in his forum as well for advice - http://www.300cforums.com/forums/adams-premium-car-care-products/. I'm going to be ordering from them soon myself.

From what you're describing I don't think you're looking at a new paint job. Sounds to me the clearcoat is still intact, just in need of some serious attention. I'm betting you have a lot of 3D swirls and fine scratches too. Nothing that a good weekend of work won't cure either. You should have a perfect outcome and your car will look new again!!!

BTW, this thread should have been posted in the Detailing forum.

Bernie

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton! Sorry, I must have overlooked that forum, appreciate the links as well.

You are very right about the 3d swirls, it makes me sick to think people would actually be that tough on the paint. Ill move this discussion over to the proper forum now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts