Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Just joined. I have a few basic questions about a 2009 Chrysler 300C. I am considering buying and before I go look (100 mile one way trip) I wanted to know a couple things.

First, do the rear windows in this model go down all the way or are they like some cars that only go halfway down? Also, do the rear doors open up wide, almost perpendicular to the car, or do they not open very wide? Finally, I live in Illinois, how well does the RWD 300C drive in snow? I don't have to drive everyday and can typically wait until the roads are more clear but it still can be icy or some snow. Will I need snow tires in winter.

Thanks to those who have this car and can answer my questions!

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
Windows go all the way down.

Rear doors open up about 85 degrees.

You will need snow tires for winter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that was fast! Was hoping I wouldn't need snow tires, I grew up driving RWD cars in PA and never had much trouble, have never driven a 300C nor any recent RWD vehicle so don't know how they are now.

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
The 5.7L engine generates pretty good torque so some traction assistance will be necessary. You can try an all season M&S if you like. Having traction tires is safer in any event. Heck, I've even put snow tires on the front of some RWD cars and trucks I've owned. Helps with steering traction, tracking and stopping.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks again, the M&S tires sound like a good idea, I don't think I want to have to change out tires twice a year, so would rather compromise a little to have just one set. Also, this may seem like a strange question, but I sometimes ship large boxes and need to fit in my car, it is the only thing I ever "haul" so to speak. I currently have a Pontiac Bonneville and the back seat and door opening will allow me to put in a 20" wide x 24" tall box, just barely though, would I be able to get that into the 300C backseat via the door opening? Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,734 Posts
I don't know. I've never tried it as I have a MegaCab Dodge Ram to haul stuff in.

Go to a dealer and take your measuring tape with you is the only thing I can recommend at this point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts