Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at stuff thinking ahead about my engine dress up....I got a few questions!

The 3GCustomz firewall cover, does it fit with the 5.7 cover? They give you options for stock or aftermarket/3G half covers but says nothing about the 5.7 cover!

Do the 3G half covers work with 5.7 manifold? I know what I asked above, but I am not completely sure what I want yet but still want to know!

Where are people getting the HEMI letters for their 5.7 cover in the chrome/polished look they are doing? I have found a couple sets, but seriously they want over $80 for them, the big 3G pieces aren't even that much!!!

Does the BT water necks work with the killerglass radiator hoses?

:headbang:

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I searched awhile couldn't find some pics with them thanks!

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Looking at stuff thinking ahead about my engine dress up....I got a few questions!

The 3GCustomz firewall cover, does it fit with the 5.7 cover? They give you options for stock or aftermarket/3G half covers but says nothing about the 5.7 cover!
:dunno:

Do the 3G half covers work with 5.7 manifold? I know what I asked above, but I am not completely sure what I want yet but still want to know!
:dunno:

Where are people getting the HEMI letters for their 5.7 cover in the chrome/polished look they are doing? I have found a couple sets, but seriously they want over $80 for them, the big 3G pieces aren't even that much!!!
I feel your pain... I couldn't find them any cheaper. Ordered a set from CarID for about $85. shipped.....waiting on delivery now.
:rippedhan

Does the BT water necks work with the killerglass radiator hoses?
This should not be a problem...the BT neck comes out the same place as the stock one does

:headbang:
message too short? WTF?

·
Premium Member
6,769 Posts
Yep, 3G firewall fits fine with the 5.7 engine cover. I have both installed.

Yep, 3G half covers fit 5.7 manifold. Just make sure you order accordingly.

That's a crazy price for chrome lettering. If it were me, I'd paint them as close to chrome as I could, or better yet - just buy some chrome vinyl and cut accordingly.

Yep, BT water neck works fine with KG tubes. I use both. You actually cut up the stock hose and use the ends on each side of the KG. So the end of the stock hose goes on the BT water neck just as it does the stock one.

:fing02:

Reactions: CNISTER

·
Registered
84 Posts
The biggest "cosmetic bling" mod would have to be the catch can, the owner of BT endorses them here and so do all the moderators cause he sent them free ones. Totally un-beneficial, strictly for looks and then you can tell people its necessary and their cars are gonna become slow without it while your manifold will be sparking clean,

Oil still blows by with a can and its been routed into the manifold since the 50's so its been thought about long before we were even born and it was deemed unnecessary then and it still is now :)

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
The biggest "cosmetic bling" mod would have to be the catch can, the owner of BT endorses them here and so do all the moderators cause he sent them free ones. Totally un-beneficial, strictly for looks and then you can tell people its necessary and their cars are gonna become slow without it while your manifold will be sparking clean,

Oil still blows by with a can and its been routed into the manifold since the 50's so its been thought about long before we were even born and it was deemed unnecessary then and it still is now :)

If you had a catch can and saw how much oil it actually does prevent from going into the intake manifold and lowering the octane of the fuel, then you just might change your opinion of them. Where did you get the inside information on the free catch cans for "all the moderators". It would be interesting to know where these "facts" come from.

FYI...'50s cars did not have positive crankcase ventilation:buttkick:

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That is a pretty bold statement. :fing02:

Reactions: JMitch

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts