Chrysler 300C & SRT8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my 300 c on 7/27 and I was wondering when others were able to start tracking their orders. I have yet to receive a VIN or VON #. I am starting my fourth week of waiting. When and how do I get this information? Please help!

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
The dealer can give you the VON as soon as they enter the order in the computer. If they say they don't have it - they're telling you a lie. The VIN is assigned as soon as it goes to D status.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
This is true. I ordered my "C" on 7/5/04 on 8/10/04 I canceled my "C" and reordered it form another dealer. They faxed me over the work order with my details and my VON# with in 10 minutes. I called on 8/13/04 and Chrysler told me they had my order and it was scheduled for porduction. Bottum line is I wasted about 6 weeks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My salesman gave me a copy of the VON the day I ordered the C, still waiting for the C, looks like next week dealer should have it.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I never got a VON# with my first order. they told me it might be this month that was on 8/9/04. With out the VON# you basically on the dealers waiting list. When I reodered from another dealer, my VON# was given to me right then. I am now able to track my "C" through Chrysler.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Why would you be on the dealers waiting list? If you factory order a car you are out of the loop and are not part of the dealers inventory, at least that is the way it is here in Canada and I can't see where it would be different in the US.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mikeyjohn said:
Why would you be on the dealers waiting list? If you factory order a car you are out of the loop and are not part of the dealers inventory, at least that is the way it is here in Canada and I can't see where it would be different in the US.
Mikeyjohn my dealer was saying something similar to what you mentioned. Any customer orders should be above dealer orders. I can't figure out how dealer allocation comes into it. It seems that this isn't holding true. Maybe they're allotted only so many customer orders. Who knows?! :confused:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
chwhale said:
Mikeyjohn my dealer was saying something similar to what you mentioned. Any customer orders should be above dealer orders. I can't figure out how dealer allocation comes into it. It seems that this isn't holding true. Maybe they're allotted only so many customer orders. Who knows?! :confused:
I find that hard to believe. How does a dealer stay in business if he can't get cars. Something wrong here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts